Research Officer (1 post) – LSM, Dar
Research Officer will work with the LSM-TEMT study which focuses on the evaluation of the process and impact of larva source management.
Position: Research Officer (1 post)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: April 22nd 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, review and update the project work plan and study protocol.
- Prepare the study protocol required for ethical approval.
- Supervise field activities to assess coverage of the larviciding teams on identification of mosquito breeding habitats.
- Supervise field activities to assess the capacity of larviciding teams on correct characterization of breeding habitats
- Supervise field activities and assess the larviciding teams’ adherence to the larviciding project implementation protocol.
- Supervise field activities and assess capacity of larviciding teams on covering identified breeding habitats with required rounds of larvicide application.
- Supervise field activities and assess capacity of the project internal M&E teams on visitation to breeding habitats for verification of presence and characterization done by the larviciding teams.
- Supervise field activities and assess capacity of M&E teams on generating summaries and reports emanating from larviciding implementation data for guiding operations.
- Supervise field activities and assess if the mechanism of impact of larviciding intervention is attained as expected.
- Lead the field team to identify factors which possibly moderate the response of mosquito larvae to the effects of the bio larvicides.
- Supervise field activities and conducting FGDs and IDIs to explore facilitators and barriers to the implementation of the project.
- Supervise mosquito surveillance activities.
- Ensure systematic and proper handling and management of data.
- Analyze data and write reports and manuscripts.
- Provide mentorship to undergraduate staff working in the project.
- Assist with any other duties as directed by the project investigator.
Qualification and Experience
- Holder of Undergraduate Degree in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation in Health
- Vast experience of working in public health research projects.
Skills and Competencies
- Conduct different assays performed in the laboratory for example ELISA, PCR, insecticide susceptibility.
- Must possess proposal writing skills.
- Conversant with study/experiments designing.
- Knowledge in insecticide products and bio-efficacy evaluation.
- Knowledge in mosquito identification.
- Must possess report writing skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Skills on STATA, R Studio etc. will be an added advantage.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Integrity, Respect, Responsibility and, initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Friday, April 22nd 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH OFFICER – LSM-TMT PROJECT. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania