Reservations & Ticketing Agent
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job
In this role, you will provide full service-oriented professional reservations and ticketing service to all customers and travel businesses either through telephone calls or in person meeting in order to achieve optimal customer satisfaction and achieve budget revenue targets.
- Makes and confirms reservations for passengers
- Arranges Reservations and routing for using timetable, airlines manuals, reference guides and tariff book and proper issuance of ATB for all types of ticketing transactions
- Assist mishandled passengers such as NOREC/DNB to reduce passenger complaints
- Issue tickets quoting correct fare to reduce passenger complaints and debit notes
- Advise of changes in flight plan or to cancel passenger reservations
- Advise load control personnel and other stations of changes in passenger itinerary to control space and ensure utilization of seating capacity on flights.
- Initiate and promote QR product to generate the revenue
- Record and process reservations made by phone/fax/e-mail; action telex messages and authorities.
- Handle helpdesk-assist travel agents with seat confirmations: upgrade/downgrade proposals
- Issuance of MCO’s and refunds’ process lost tickets and time barred tickets
- Plans route and computes ticket cost, using schedules, rate books and computer
- Telephones customer or travel agents to advise of changes with travel conveyance or to confirm reservations, as well as alternate available options
- Answer inquires made by travel agencies or transportation firms, such as airlines, bus companies, railroad companies, and steamship lines
To be successful in this role you must have a diploma or Associate degree or equivalent. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an airline/travel industry. You will be service oriented with good interpersonal skills. Knowledge in IATA standard reservation/ticketing procedures is required with fair knowledge of world geography and have proven experience with the Amadeus reservation system.
Good interpersonal and communication skills in English along with knowledge of PC-based applications are also required.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
Resume / CV
Copy of Passport
Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
Financial Services Airlines/Aviation Leisure, Travel & Tourism
OTHER JOBS YOU MIGHT LIKE
Procurement and Logist Specialist Tetra Tech ARD February, 2019
Jobs at Mkurabita| Nafasi za kazi utumishi wa umma (Mkurabita)
Nafasi za kazi Vso Mara Tanzania, February 2019
Consultancy Jobs at Unicef (Tanzania) February 2019
Jobs at China Railway Seventh Group Co. Ltd (CRSG)
Nafasi za kazi National Ranching Company Limited (NARCO), 2019
Business Performance Lead Job at Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL), February 2019
Jobs at Population Services International (PSI) Tanzania, February 2019
Deputy Head of Mission Job at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
National Associate Project Officer Job at UNESCO Tanzania
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Jobs at JHPIEGO, February 2019
TEACHING INTERNSHIP (any subject) at St Constantine’s International School February, 2019
PRINCIPAL LEGAL OFFICER GRADE II Jobs at National Ranching Company Limited (NARCO) February, 2019
HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER Jobs at National Ranching Company Limited (NARCO) February, 2019
PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGER Jobs at National Ranching Company Limited (NARCO) February, 2019
MARKETING MANAGER Jobs at National Ranching Company Limited (NARCO) February, 2019
CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR (CIA) Jobs at National Ranching Company Limited (NARCO) February, 2019
PRINCIPAL SUPPLIES/PROCUREMENT OFFICER GRADE II Jobs at National Ranching Company Limited (NARCO) February, 2019
HUB 2 Training Coordinator Jobs at Youth Challenge International February, 2019
NRC Jobs: Site Managemnt Technical Assistant (Tanzania Nationals Only) – Tanzania Norwegian Refugee Council
ICLA Programme Development Manager at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Regional Plant Specialist Jobs at Vodacom
Warehouse Operator Level 1 Jobs at Sandvik February, 2019
Jobs at Coca-Cola Kwanza Limited (CCKL)
Jobs at Public Service Recruitment Secretariat(NEEC & AQRB), February 2019
MODE OF APPLICATION