BACKGROUND OF TADB
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012.The bank has the following key objectives:
- To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
- To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
- To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
- To build on existing Agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
- To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
- To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidate to fill the following vacancies:
RESOURCE MOBILIZATION MANAGER -1 Vacancy – DSM
Nature and Scope
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Resource Mobilization Manager will be responsible for development of resource mobilization strategy; has direct responsibility for executing plan of action and negotiate partnership agreement with corporates, private trusts and other funders. He/She is also responsible for management of all funds received from the Government, its Departments and Agencies and other stakeholders for development activities as per applicable agency agreements
- To establish and maintain short-term, medium-term and long-term cash availability.
- To manage all aspects of investment portfolio, investment strategies and perform financial modeling.
- To conduct stress testing modeling and what-if analyses to simulate liquidity disruptions.
- Perform analysis required to estimate the liquidity impact to bank and adding new products and currencies into its settlement service.
- To develop and monitor treasury operations policies, activities and processes.
- To assist in monitoring local and international markets to ensure smart investment decisions.
- To identify and pursue business opportunities for investment and profit generation.
- To implement procedures and controls to ensure compliance with the country’s treasury regulations, policies and procedures.
- To work with Risk and Compliance Department to predict and mitigate risks on investments.
- To review and recommend changes on investment policies based on market conditions.
- To effectively administer all resources allocated to the Department, including offering technical and operational support to staff members in the Department.
- To maintain good working relationships with other divisions, departments and units as well as external stakeholders.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the Director of Treasury and Funding from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Graduate qualifications in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Banking or related discipline. Master’s degree/MBA/Professional accreditation will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience, of which three must be in a senior level in reputable company or financial institution.
- Corporate Funding Ability: Have a strong ability to apply corporate finance and funding techniques from first principles to complex and unusual situations.
- Startegic Planning: Developing and implementing sustainable business strategies.
- Strong negotiation skills: Negotiate funding arrangements including corporate credit facilities, public and private financing arrangements and minimize total cost of funds.
- Partnering and collaboration: Lead cross-functional business initiatives and encourage team to cultivate relationships across the business.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including a strong command of PowerPoint and public speaking.
- Exceptional relationship management skills including strong ability to manage and effectively influence multiple stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills with great emphasis on teamwork. Able to work effectively in across the country.
- High level of responsiveness and ability to operate with a high degree of urgency and work in a pressurized environment
- Strong drive for results, able to plan, track and follow through to capture solutions and revenues.
- Knowledge of the banking industry and its related laws, regulations, policies and procedures is essential.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager/Supervisor.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through this email, firstname.lastname@example.org Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application.
- Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 1 st September 2020.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: Website: www.tadb.co.tz