Career Opportunity: Retail Financial Advisor (RFA)
|Job title: Retail Financial Advisor (RFA)||Department: Retail Department|
|Location: Dar es Salaam||Reports to: Unit Sales Manager (Retail)|
Alliance Life Assurance Ltd was established in 2010 as the first locally privately owned Life Insurance Company in Tanzania. The company has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become one of the leading insurance and financial services companies in East Africa providing life insurance solutions to both corporates and individuals. Alliance Life is highly rated in leadership, innovation, customer service, and risk management.
The company is looking for experienced Life Insurance Retail Financial Advisor (RFA)s to join the Team. As an experienced Retail Financial Advisor (RFA) you will be responsible to sell the retail products and to support the retail distribution network to meet the sales target and contribute to the growth of Retail Business portfolio. The Retail Financial Advisor (RFA)s will report to the Unit Sales Manager (Retail) and will be based in Dar es Salaam.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To meet 100% of the sales target assigned.
- The overall responsibility will be to sell retail life insurance products of the company and facilitate the sales to other distribution channels such as banks, independent agency and brokers.
- To implement the sales strategy on the creation and distribution of sales avenues for business growth.
- To continuously scout new business, follow leads, and carry out presentations to potential clients including pre-existing groups such as companies where retail business opportunities lie.
- To maintain individual sales activity plans and continually report to the supervisor on activities planned for the day and week.
- To attend internal and external sales meetings, conferences, campaigns, and events to increase visibility of the company and brand, and to broaden the sales distribution network.
- Sending out proposals and quotations timely and prompt follow up of premiums and renewals according to ALAL standards.
- To start, maintain and build strong relationships with all stakeholders, and to regularly check on current clients for better service provision, retention and potential business opportunities.
- Maintain compliance with the company policies and procedures.
- To carry out related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree /Diploma/ Certificate in Insurance and Risk Management, Economics, Banking and Finance, Marketing, or any related field.
- Certificate of Proficiency in Insurance (COP)
- Minimum of 2 years’ sales experience specifically in Life Insurance will be an added advantage.
- Excellent marketing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions, prescribed methodology, and standard operating procedures.
- Excellent communication, report writing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills, must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to portray high level of integrity and professionalism, including well-groomed appearance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 June 2021.