CHAMA CHA UZAZI NA MALEZI BORA TANZANIA (UMATI)
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
RFP TITLE: Internal Audit Consultancy
RFP NUMBER: RFP No. 003
DATE OF ISSUE: Tuesday May 2nd , 2023
CLOSING DATE: Friday, May 15th 2023, 17:00 hours EAT
PERFORMANCE PERIOD: 1 Year (on Quarterly Basis)
TERMS OF REFERENCES FOR INTERNAL AUDIT CONSULTANCY
- About UMATI
Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI) established in 1959, is an autonomous voluntary National NGO originally incorporated under CAP 337 in 1973, established under non-governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2019 with registration number 00NGO/R2/000231 and Tax Identification Number 101 – 304 – 795. It is a full Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) accredited in 2015.
UMATI works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Community Development, Gender, Women and Special Groups and Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) with the aim of providing Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) education, information and services in Tanzania. The Association has a long leadership history in SRH programs in Tanzania including pioneering in Family Planning (FP) services and SRHR education for young people and underserved through health facilities and in the communities. To achieve its goal, UMATI has been receiving multiple funding from both local and international donors (Foreign Government).
UMATI’s headquarter is located at Maliki Street, Plot 439, Block 26, Upanga, Dar-es-Salaam with operations and project implementations at Dar Es Salaam, Dodoma, Iringa, Kigoma, Kilimanjaro, Mara, Morogoro, Ruvuma, Tabora and Zanzibar.
- About the Consultancy
An internal audit consultant provides objective support with operational and financial audit process evaluation, including reviewing organizational procedures, assessing potential risks and developing a plan for integrating effective internal controls.
internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization’s operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Consultancy involves the review and analysis of the effectiveness of UMATI’s internal controls and important organizational data regarding risks, goals, and operations. This is an incredibly important process as often times, internal controls are integrated to safeguard business operations against threats — such as fraud, non-compliance to laws and regulations, and contract violations.
Audit work will be performed in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, and the internal audit methodology adopted by UMATI.
- Consultancy Objectives
The objective of this consultancy is to to assess the effectiveness of the quality management system and the organization’s overall performance. It UMATI accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Scope of Work
The scope of internal audit includes the examination and evaluation of the adequacy and reliability of UMATI’s system of internal control. Internal Auditor’s work provides assurance across all of the organization’s activities regarding the extent to which management controls ensure that:
The engaged Internal Auditor is expected to perform the following activities;
- Evaluate the suitability of the organization structure
- Examine arrangements for policy decision making and Governance structure
- Review the information systems environment;
- Examine and consider the adequacy of Internal controls throughout the accounting cycle
- Evaluate and check the reliability and integrity of financial and operational information;
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operations
- Check the compliance to policies and regulations and contracts;
- Conduct reviews of the systems, policies and procedures around Sub-Contractors –choice and management
- Review, appraise and report on:
- Adequacy and proper application of controls while considering exposure to fraud or /and irregularities
- The extent of compliance, relevance and financial effect of policies, plans and procedures.
- Economy, efficiency and effective use of resources
- The safeguarding of assets;
- Evaluate the achievement of established operational goals and objectives;
- Check on compliance with laws and regulations; -national and sectoral
- Check on reliability, usefulness and integrity of performance information.
- Follow up on implementation of External Audit recommendations and the Internal Auditors’ recommendations.
- Recommend on analysis of budget vis-à-vis actual variations on periodical basis.
- Report on any serious weakness, significant fraud or major accounting breakdown.
- Recommend improvements to systems and procedures;
- Required Knowledge, Skills and experience
- Independent Accounting firms approved by NBAA.
- At least 10 years previous internal audit and/or other directly relevant experience, preferably at internal audit functions of the non-governmental organizations or an international audit firm.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management concepts
- Knowledge of internal auditing standards and practices, audit, tools and techniques such as CAAT, financial and internal controls.
- Terms of payment:
Payment will be made immediately after submission of the audit report
- Expected Output
The Internal Audit Consultant is expected to deliver;
- Quarterly audit report
- Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge of auditing, business consulting and information system techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management concepts
Extent and relevance of experience in performing financial, operational, performance and IT audits
- Extent and relevance of experience in undertaking or reviewing programme/project development, management and operations
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues, collect and analyse information and develop recommendation and/or solutions
- Expert knowledge in Excel and spreadsheet solutions
- Demonstrated experience and ability in report-writing
- Familiarity with specialized audit software
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions, is desirable
- Contract Award
The award of the contract shall be made to the consultant whose proposal has been evaluated and determined as hhaving received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
- Technical Criteria weight 70%
- Financial Criteria weight 30%
- How to Apply
To apply please send your company profile and Proposal that summarizes your;
- understanding of the Terms of Reference (TOR) and details of how you plan to execute the assignment, indicative workplan, methodology
- detailed proposed budget in TZS.
Kindly Submit your proposal at UMATI Head Office, Reception desk located at Maliki Street, Plot 439, Block 26, Upanga, Dar-es-Salaam, when submitting your proposal, kindly remember to mention the subject matter on your envelope (RFP TITLE: Internal Audit Consultancy RFP No. 003
All bids should be addressed to;
The Executive Director,
Plot Number 439, Block Number 26, Malik Road Upanga
P.O Box 1372 Dar es Salaam.
All proposals must be in Tanzanian Shillings and enclosed in a plain sealed envelope with tender sticker. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.
The deadline is 13:00 hours EAT 15th May, 2023.
For any inquiry or further clarification, do not hesitate to contact Procurement unit through email@example.com