Risk & Compliance Manager at ASA Microfinance Tanzania
Dar es Salaam
ASA Microfinance (Tanzania) Limited, incorporated under the Companies Act 2002 (No. 93819) of Tanzania and an affiliate of ASA International (www.asa-international.com), one of the largest microfinance companies in the world. We are hereby inviting qualified citizens of Tanzania to be part of our team for the following positions. ASA Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer who requires dynamic, loyal and committed young men and women who have passion for people’s socio-economic development to fill in the following positions for immediate appointment.
Position : Risk & Compliance Manager – 01 Post
- Perform risk assessments and establish our company’s tolerance for risk.
- Review our current compliance policies and procedures to identify areas of improvement.
- Draft new and update existing internal risk and compliance policies so that they match industry standards.
- Conduct regular internal audits to ensure compliance procedures are followed across the organization.
- Maintaining records of compliance practices.
- Establish relationships with important external bodies and stay up to date on the changes in industry requirements and all relevant regulations.
- Organize workshops and training sessions to educate and update employees on the organization’s compliance policies, regulations, and processes.
- Prepare risk management reports for top-level management based on internal reviews and advise the executives on risk mitigation measures and implementation of adequate compliance programs.
- Conducting environmental audits to ensure the company meets environmental requirements.
- Developing risk management strategies.
- Following up on compliance issues that require investigation.
- Evaluating compliance systems and ensuring adequate software is in place.
Academic Qualification & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, information systems, or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- MSc/MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in risk management or compliance, including exposure to management consulting, technology industry, financial services, and/or project management.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, through all levels of the company.
- Ability to make sound judgement calls independently when presented with difficult decisions,
- Strong risk and fraud domain knowledge/intuition.
- Be knowledgeable in anti-money laundering and counter terrorist funding legislation and regulations.
- Be fluent in English.
- Be able to work independently and proactively, but also as part of a motivated team.
- Be organized and have an eye for detail while also adopting a practical, flexible and hands-on approach tov/ards his/her work.
- Well conversant with Ms Office Package.
Renumeration: Attractive salary package will be offered relating to competencies and experiences.
General Requirements for Applicants of All Posts.
- Application Letter.
- Curriculum Vitae enclosing details of Work experience, skills and with postal and telephone contacts of Three Referees.
- One passport size photograph attached in CV.
How to Apply:
Applicants who consider himself/herself competent with the above-mentioned position, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org Or you can drop your Application in Our Head Office at Plot No.87, Serengeti Street, Kinondoni Road, Dar es Salaam before 1700HRS on 15th March 2023.
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted for interview. No phone calls are allowed for inquiry. No allowances will be admissible for interview.