SINOTASHIP is a shipping company based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The company is looking for a qualified and committed candidate to fill the following vacancies;
RISK, LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER-1 POST
- Identify and manage any risks that the company may face in entering into business with new customers.
- Prepare action plans to decrease risk of losing containers when stuffing or on movements as well as Provide training and certification for staff so that they can be aware of risks and try to avoid them
- Gather confidential information from clients on their authenticity in the field.
- Make risk-avoiding adjustments to current methods of operation in order to minimize their future risks
- Ensure compliance with regulatory obligations whilst taking a commercial and practical approach to risk based challenges and offer appropriate solutions
- Continual drive for enhanced efficiency and client service (internal and external) in all Risk and Compliance processes
- Develop, lead and motivate the Risk and Compliance team to maximize effectiveness by Conduct internal audits and inventory checkups.
- Ensure senior management remains informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations under these changes and how they impact the company
- Provide regular reports to Shipping Manager and Management detailing any current issues or information as required.
- Auditing equipment inventories, demurrage payments, container deposits payments etc.
- Intelligent claim assessment and debt recovery
- Knowledge and experience commensurate with this role and having dealt with regulatory environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge and expertise covering conduct of business matters, corporate governance matters and regulatory risk and regulatory change matters
- Practical and commercial approach to problem solving
- Experience of influence behaviors at all levels of the company
- Experience of leading and motivating a multi-jurisdictional, multi specialism team
The application should be sent to the following address before or on 30th October, 2020, at 12:30 PM to the following address;
Chinese-Tanzanian Joint Shipping Company,
31 Kisutu Road,
Dar es Salaam,
The deadline for submitting the application is October 30, 2020