Rock tools Manager Job Vacancy at Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is looking for a Rocktools Manager
Currently, we have an opening for a Rocktools Manager located in Mwanza, Tanzania. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the sales, distribution, implementation and profitability of the Rock Tools department. This role is crucial in the technical and application support for Rock Tools within the business area.
- Lead, support and develop Rock Tools sales including customer proposals and quotation creating together with local sales teams
- Provide Rock Tools technical and commercial support directly to Sandvik external and internal customers
- Lead and develop a team of the Rock Tools sales area
- Develop regional Rock Tools business by working closely with customers and other key stakeholders
- Identify new business opportunities and collaborate actively with the business unit management to drive them forward
- Drive regional Rock Tools offering commercialization to meet local needs
- Drive regional technical and commercial competence development across the sales area to meet the business growth targets
- Monitor regional competitor and other relevant activities and continuously maintain a view on the respective Sandvik market share development
- Active interaction and relationship management with customers, categorization and sales strategy creation
- Ensure compliance with Sandvik Environmental, Health & Safety Policy and guidelines and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements throughout the sales area.
- Any other responsibility assigned by your Supervisor
- Required Competencies, Licenses or certificates:
- Demonstrated leadership, people management skills and result oriented approach.
- Demonstrated team building and performance development skills
- Demonstrated ability to create and develop product strategies and plans.
- Skills to analyze data from multiple viewpoints including market data, competitive offerings, and other information sources.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in English.
- Effective networking skills. Continuous interaction with people from other areas of the company -engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and sales teams.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Fast learning. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapidly evolving environment.
- Skills to manage product release related activities including testing, preparing documentation, demos, product launches, etc.
- Ability to understand customers’ needs to provide a competitive advantage
- Computer Literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport
Experience And Education
- Degree in Mining or any relevant Engineering field with relevant sales/business management experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in mining industry with proven competence in mining methods and technology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within the product line(s), sales and people management
- Requires an individual who has developed strong customer relationships and can provide proof through examples of those skills
- Ideally, Sandvik or industry-related experience
How To Apply
Qualified candidates can apply online with their resume at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Rocktools Manager, Job Requisition #R0016674. We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.