RV 517 Research Assistant Jobs at Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) February, 2019
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an internatP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel ans, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, preventiol HIV, prevention, care and treatment services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma and Songwe regions in the zone.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and community NGOs, HJFMRNGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collee regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remterventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HJFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Job Title: RV 517 Research Assistant (3)
Reports to: RV 517 Study Coordinator
The Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) funded | through the Department of Defense under PEPFAR works to support HIV/AIDS Prevention, testing, care and treatment services in the regions of Mbeya, Rukwa, Ruvuma and Katavi in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania. As it implements these activities HJFMRI is evaluating the impact through PEPFAR Implementation Science Studies. With this in mind, HJFMRI seeks to fill the position of a Research Assistant for | the RV 517 Study: Prevalence of, and factors associated with virologic suppression and drug resistance in HIV positive children and adolescents in Tanzania. The overall aim is to understand what patient-level and facilitylevel factors contribute to better virologic outcomes in children and adolescents.
The candidate will work under the supervision of the RV 517 Study Coordinator to execute the RV 517 study.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure RV517 Study SOPs are distributed to all study sites and laboratories and are used as required.
- Ensure all facilities where the RV517 study is conducted have blood collection consumables including phlebotomy materials and sample collection and transportation materials.
- Ensure all laboratories involved in the study have temperature logs to monitor fridge and freezer temperature on a daily basis where study samples may be temporarily stored before transport to the testing lab.
- Ensure all sites have sample test request forms and tracking logs at all study sites and are filled as required.
- Track all samples from the sample collection sites to the testing laboratories and ensure that the samples reach their destination laboratories and are tested or stored as required.
- Review tracking logs/study tracking databases weekly to ensure results are entered and results dispatch and receipt documented. Assist facilities in tracking results if required.
- Ensure the Laboratory Tests are carried out on time and according to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of the specific assays.
- Manage laboratory stocks for the study.
- Manage the documentation of all study procedures including compilation of study tracking logs, results reporting logs and entry of study results in databases.
- Report any study deviations related to sample collection, handling and testing as appropriate.
- Extract site level data from study patient file source documents into study files.
- Review and Collect Data at facilities for analysis purposes.
- Review and keep stock of all facility needs including stationery and phlebotomy material needs and make orders for them in advance to ensure study activities are not compromised.
- Support with other study activities as required.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Laboratory Science or related field.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures Development and Utilization.
- Be conversant with Principles of Good Clinical and Laboratory Practice.
- Be able to comprehend Research Practices and Procedures, and ready to learn. •Knowledge of English required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good coordination skills and ability to work in a team.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English
- High degree of commitment
- Willing to work independently in a multidisciplinary team.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; email@example.com
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 21, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed above should not submit applications.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org Before February 21, 2019.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer;
women are highly encouraged to apply.