RV 517 Research Data Assistant Jobs at Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) February, 2019
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an internatP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel ans, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, preventiol HIV, prevention, care and treatment services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma and Songwe regions in the zone.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and community NGOs, HJFMRNGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collee regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remterventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HJFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Job Title:: RV 517 Research Data Assistant (2
Reports to: RV 517 Study Coordinator
The Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) funded through the Department of Defense under PEPFAR works to support HIV/AIDS Prevention, testing, care and treatment services in the regions of Mbeya, Rukwa, Ruvuma and Katavi in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania. As it implements these activities HJFMRI is evaluating the impact through PEPFAR Implementation Science Studies. With this in mind, HJFMRI seeks to fill the position of a Research Data Assistant for the RV 517 Study: Prevalence of, and factors associated with virologic suppression and drug resistance in HIV positive children and adolescents in Tanzania. The overall aim is to understand what patient-level and facility-level factors contribute to better virologic outcomes in children and adolescents.
The candidate will work under the supervision of the RV 517 Study Coordinator to execute the RV 517 study. This will include carrying out occasional field visits to collect relevant data for the study and other duties as assigned by the RV 517 Study Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter study data from facilities into respective databases (e.g. developed tools for line-listing, enrollment tracking, CiinPlus, etc.).
- Prepare and report the data entry status on weekly/monthly/semi-an- nual and yearly for study utilization.
- Make queries (on data collected for a specific period) and cross check it with the data in source documents.
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry in line with reporting guidelines.
- Cross check & verify data from source documents and correct where necessary
- Communicate with facilities and gather information for any queries regarding incomplete data.
- Provide safe custody of all data entered in designated locations
- Comply with data integrity and security policies and ensure all data-protection measures are in place and used regularly in compliance with the study protocol.
- Responsible, under the leadership of the data management officer, for resolving all data queries (in collaboration with the research team) identified by DCAC team
- Under the leadership of data management officer, responsible for liaising with the study sites during initial line listing and randomization of potential clients and working with HQ team to continually review and update the potential participant list during any subsequent line listing/randomization
The suitable candidate should:
- Have a certificate diploma or degree with experience in data analysis or equivalent relevant training.
- Have basic knowledge of data collection procedures and analysis,
- Have basic knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation Principles and Procedures.
- Good mastery of written and spoken English and Swahili
- Other skills or experience in Basic Research are an added advantage.
- Basic computer skills (i.e. utilizing Microsoft Office – Excel and Word)
Additional Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational skills • Ability to work in a team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of commitment
- Results oriented i.e. with the ability to meet deadlines with competing priorities.
- Willing to work independently in a multidisciplinary team.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 21, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed above should not submit applications.
APPLY TO: email@example.com Before February 21, 2019.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer;
women are highly encouraged to apply.