RV 517 Research Data Management Officer Jobs at Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) February, 2019
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an internatP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel ans, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, preventiol HIV, prevention, care and treatment services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma and Songwe regions in the zone.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and community NGOs, HJFMRNGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collee regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remterventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HJFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Job Title: RV 517 Research Data Management Officer (1
Reports to: RV 517 Study Coordinator
The Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) funded through the Department of Defense under PEPFAR works to support HIV/AIDS Prevention, testing, care and treatment services in the regions of Mbeya, Rukwa, Ruvuma and Katavi in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania. As it implements these activities HJFMRI is evaluating the impact through PEPFAR Implementation Science Studies. With this in mind, HJFMRI seeks to fill the position of a Research Data Management Officer for the RV 517 Study: Prevalence of, and factors associated with virologic suppression and drug resistance in HIV positive children and adolescents in Tanzania. The overall aim is to understand what patient-level and facility-level factors contribute to better virologic outcomes in children and adolescents
The candidate will work under the supervision of the RV 517 Study Coordinator to execute the RV 517 study. This will include carrying out field visits to review and collect relevant data for the study. Additionally, the candidate will be involved in training on data collection, protocol activities, and other duties as assigned by the RV 517 Study Coordinator.
The Data Manager will coordinate and oversee the collection, cleaning and analysis of RV 517 research related data. The Incumbent will also assume general responsibility for the editing, processing and distribution of data as required by the study and to facilitate analysis and interpretation of the study related data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the preparation and distribution of RV 517 data collection
documents and ensure they are present at all sites.
- Oversee generation of line-lists for participant enrollment, data collection, analysis and reporting for RV 517 study as required.
- Act as the primary liaison with IHPT research team to generate line lists, support participant randomization and selection at study initiation and throughout study duration, as required to achieve full enrollment per the research protocol
- Coordinate installation of the necessary software for data entry and analysis for the study.
- Provide regular progress reports of RV 517 (i.e. enrollment tracker and updates via study calls) to the study management team.
- Report changes or unanticipated problems in all aspects of on-site data management as required.
- Ensure the DISA and ESRS data management software are utilized as required for data, management and reporting.
- Manage and respond to RV 517 queries from the data management unit in Mbeya and IHPT/DCAC.
- Develop data related SOPS as required.
- Oversee development of the specifications for database tables, data entry, data derivations and edit check programming for the study as required.
- Direct the testing of database and edit checks to completion.
- Interface with clients, sites and monitors as needed to manage the data collection and cleaning.
- Ensure databases are consistently up to date and ready for transfer and/or analyses and report progress or delays to RV517 study management as appropriate.
- Provide oversight and direction in data management and analysis in order to ensure completion of assignments within established deadlines.
- Coordinate RV 517 clinic and laboratory data entry during central data entry as required by the study protocol.
- Follow up with responsible staff regarding incomplete data entry forms
- Carry out monthly quality assurance checks on RV 517 data and document the same. Strengthen monitoring and evaluation of HIV care systems for the program.
- He/she will work closely with the QA/QC person to ensure that data quality assurance checks are done on a monthly basis or if the need arises earlier than that.
- Ensure all study related documents and databases are secure, in line with protocol requirements
- Other duties as assigned by the P.l/Study Coordinator.
A Diploma or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics,
Computer Science, Health Informatics or a related field.
The following would be an added advantage:
- Experience in biostatistics and working with public health data.
- Have a basic understanding and knowledge of data analysis packages (e.g. Excel, STATA and/or SPSS).
- Experience in data management and analysis.
- Knowledge of databases and experience using multiple clinical data management systems.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and flexibility in problem solving.
- Able to communicate both orally and in written English and Kiswahili.
- Experience working with PEPFAR programs.
- Basic computer skills H Organizational skills H Ability to work in a team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of commitment
- Results oriented with the ability to meet deadlines with competing priorities.
- Willing to work independently in a multidisciplinary team.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 21, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed above should not submit applications.
APPLY TO: email@example.com Before February 21, 2019.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer;
women are highly encouraged to apply.