RV 517 Study Nurse Jobs at Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) February, 2019
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an internatP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel ans, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, preventiol HIV, prevention, care and treatment services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma and Songwe regions in the zone.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and community NGOs, HJFMRNGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collee regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remterventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HJFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Job Title: RV 517 Study Nurse (3)
Reports to: RV 517 Study Coordinator
The Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) funded through the Department of Defense under PEPFAR works to support HIV/AIDS Prevention, testing, care and treatment services in the regions of Mbeya, Rukwa, Ruvuma and Katavi in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania. As it implements these activities HJFMRI is evaluating their impact through PEPFAR Implementation Science Studies. As it implements these activities HJFMRI is evaluating the impact through PEPFAR Implementation Science Studies, With this in mind, HJFMRI seeks to fill the position of a Study Nurse for the RV 517 Study: Prevalence of, and factors associated with virologic suppression and drug resistance in HIV positive children and adolescents in Tanzania. The overall aim is to understand what patient-level and facility-level factors contribute to better virologic outcomes in children and adolescents
The candidate will work under the supervision of the RV 517 Study Coordinator to execute the RV 517 study.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in administering consent and assent for potential study participants for enrolment in the RV 517 study as per the SOPs.
- Administer the study questionnaires to participants, caregivers and facility staff.
- Assist in managing and scheduling identified study participants for study visits as per the SOPs.
- Ensure study participant patient files are updated with study viral load and HIVDR results as per the SOPs,
- Ensure patient files are stored under key and lock to ensure study participant confidentiality.
- Ensure all sample collection tubes and forms are filled with the required information and are matched with the required patient identification numbers as per the SOPs.
- Work with the facility phlebotomists to carry out phlebotomy activities at the health facility for sample collection for the RV 517 Study as per the SOPs.
- Prepare and share enrolment reports with the data management team (data assistants and data management officer) on a weekly basis.
- Prepare study deviation reports as and when the deviations happen and report to study coordinator promptly.
- Check source documents for accuracy of the collected study patient data.
- Cross check & verify data from source documents and correct were necessary, working closely
with the data assistants.
- Communicate with facilities and gather information for any incomplete data information.
- Ensure safe custody of all data entered at the facilities.
The suitable candidate should:
- Have a Diploma in nursing or equivalent relevant training.
- Have clinical experience in phlebotomy and basic clinical procedures.
- Have knowledge of ethical standards of clinical practice.
- Be conversant with good clinical practice and be certified as such.
- Good mastery of written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Other skills or experience in Basic Research are an added advantage.
Additional Personal Skills
- Basic computer skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of commitment
- Results oriented i.e. with the ability to meet deadlines with competing priorities.
- Willing to work independently in a multidisciplinary team
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 21, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed above should not submit applications.
APPLY TO: email@example.com Before February 21, 2019.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer;
women are highly encouraged to apply.