Tumaini SACCOS is a member based financial institution registered under COOPERATIVE SOCIETY ACT, with the main objective of giving loans to members in accordance to Loan Policy. Tumaini SACCOS is based in Arusha, is seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidate for the vacant positions of SACCOS MANAGER
POSITION: SACCOS MANAGER
REPORTS: SACCOS CHAIRPERSON
Responsible in insuring that SACCOS resources including Asset, and personnel are utilized properly, for maximum output. Responsible in exploring potentials that will contribute to SACCO’s sustainability and growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure organization climate where resources are identified, deployed, and exploited efficiently and effectively, through coordination of efforts and resources (Personnel, Capital, and information)
- Ensure existence, updates, of SACCOS Vision, Mission, Policies, and Strategies that will facilitate attainment of SACCOS objectives
- Supervise and direct resources to portfolio growth
- Oversee, on time monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Advise the Board on Investment decisions
- To prepare and serve as Board Secretary, responsible in preparing, and keeping Board minutes on timely basis
- To network with other stakeholders in issues relating to innovations, capacity building, legal, and Technology adoption
- Champion in all matters relating to Product innovations and marketing of existing and new product
- In collaboration with Board chair, undertake all human resource issues including staff motivation, create discipline atmosphere to SACCO staff and capacity building to staff and members
- Resource person in Policy, and bylaw amendments
- Oversee all compliance issues and ensure that are done timely
- Represent Tumaini SACCOS to external forums/networking
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES REQUIRED
A holder of Master’s Degree in Business admiration, Cooperative Management, Finance or Microfinance, from recognized institution
- Chartered Public Accounting (CPA) will be an added advantage
- Mature Christian person committed to Christian values; including integrity and honesty.
- Ability to work with only occasional supervision.
- Proved Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Training skills
- Creative ability
- Experience with personal computers using Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Minimum three years’ experience in managing SACCOS
- Experience working with loan trucking software
Employment will be granted upon successful completion of all applicable checks, including last working history and Christian maturity. Only successful applications will be contacted regarding interviews. If you do not receive any feedback on your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
All interested Candidates are required to send application letters, with CV to:
Applications should be received not later than 30/10/2020 0fficial hours.