Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Safety Section Leader to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note the overall objective of this position is to provide safety and emergency response advice to the BGML operations to ensure that company objectives and legislative compliances are met at the required work performance standard and in accordance with company policies and procedures
Reporting to: Safety Manager
Work Schedule: 42 Days On / 21 Days Off
- Actively support the Barrick safety and health vision by striving to meet safety goals and objectives through the work responsibilities of this position.
- Ensure compliance with company safety policies and procedures and relevant Tanzanian regulations.
- Actively promote safety awareness amongst BGML employees and contract personnel
- Actively support and participate in safety initiatives.
- Provide advice/support to site personnel and safety and health representatives.
- Identify and analyse emerging trends in safety which will affect BGML operations, and present recommended strategies for intervention.
- Lead and influence change initiatives and their effective implementation in the work environment, whilst maintaining a consistent approach.
- Establish, develop and coach effective work teams to achieve objectives and targets.
- Understanding of related Department activities and manage their impact on the program.
- Develop relationships and work effectively with other relevant sections and sites
- Create and maintain a cooperative team environment. Apply a team approach to addressing Safety issues on site.
- Align with safety Department objectives and understand the links between Health and Safety objectives and company objectives.
- Assist in budget preparation, implementation and reporting.
- Monitor the safety budget on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure stakeholders have an opportunity to provide input into and ownership of Health and Safety processes.
- Develop strategic alliances with site management and supervisors.
- Ensure Site Safety training needs are identified and relevant programs implemented in conjunction with the Training Department.
- Implement a robust system to ensure compliance with site induction requirements is established, implemented and maintained at site and workplace level.
- Lead and influence change initiatives on the site and their effective implementation at the workplace, to develop a positive Safety culture.
- Actively work to identify improvement opportunities in Safety matters for the site.
- Exchange knowledge and experience with other sites to benefit overall company performance.
- Assist the Safety Manager in developing and implementing programs to improve contractor safety.
- Provide guidance and support of employees at all levels of the organization to identify potential occupational health issues and the development of recommendations and implementation thereof.
- Tertiary qualified in health and safety management or equivalent from a recognized Tanzanian or international recognized institution
- TANZANIA OSHA – NOSH training level 1 and 2 certification
- NEBOSH International General Certificate in Health and Safety.
- Certificate IV In Training And Assessment
- 5 years’ experience on safety leadership role.
- 5 years’ experience of working on Mining/ extractive industry
- Exposure on underground work environment.
- Significant experience in coaching, mentoring and management of OHS personnel
- Relevant experience in Public health/ occupational health.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Detail knowledge of safety and Occupational health including supervisory , technical , operational and safety knowledge
- Detail knowledge of the application of Occupational health processes and standards in underground and surface mining operations
- Sound interpersonal and management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a small team of employees to achieve occupational health targets
- Strong commitment and ability to mentor and work with people from a wide range of nationalities and cultures and the willingness to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Excellent planning, organisation skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities and the self-discipline to achieve tasks on time with minimal supervision
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “SAFETY SECTION LEADER” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 9th October 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com