“Tancoal is a limited liability company incorporated and operating in Tanzania. Tancoal is largely a Coal mining and trading company with its mine situated at Ngaka, Mbalawala Area, Mbinga District, Ruvuma Region. ’Tancoal welcomes candidates to join the company to fill the below mentioned post.
Title: Sales & Business Development Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Overall Purpose of the Job
The Sales and Business Development Manager Reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the Quality Control and Logistics team at the sales point. Sales and Business Development manager will convert potential customers into actual revenue, and manage the loading and delivery to customers including contract relationships.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Establishment and achievement of agreed sales budgets for defined periods in conjunction with senior management:
- Ensure that management and scheduling of loading and deliveries is achieved
- Maintain customer relationships (quality and reliability):
- Work closely with Production to ensure planning for stock availability.
- Look for and Provide management with information on potential new clients, competitors and analysis regarding possible impacts on the business
- Debtor management in conjunction with finance;
- Regularly (minimum monthly) reconciliation of sales with Finance
- Provide management reporting to CEO/MD/CFO, relevant meetings and Executive Management as required.
Minimum requirements of the job
Formal education and professional qualifications
- A Bachelor degree in Materials Management, Marketing or related field.
- Relevant working experience
- A Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience, in Marketing, two (2) of which should be at a managerial level.
- Previous job experience in the Coal and/or Cement industry will be an added advantage.
Other relevant skills/experience
- Knowledge of the Marketing and Procurement Act and Public Procurement & Regulatory Authority ( PPRA ) procedures:
- Financial Management Skills;
- Strong Negotiation Skills;
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills;
- Data Analysis;
- Excellent Report Writing Skills
- Computer Literacy.
- Relevant personal traits
- Honesty and Integrity;
- Strength from Cultural Diversity;
- Commitment to each other; and
- Outstanding Value to Clients and Markets. Responsibility for internal and external relations Internal
- All departmental staff and Directors
- Selected staff of other departments
- Ministry of Energy and Minerals
- Ministry of Industry & Trade
All application should be sent through the address below on or before 14 February, 2020 at 12:00pm
Tancoal Energy Limited
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 23059
DAR ES SALAAM