Job Description :
Sales Capability Manager – Serengeti Breweries Limited
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the second largest listed company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 20%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002, and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. 51% of the company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Tusker Lager, Guinness, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
Scope of the role
Provide vision for the sales team (SBL & Trade Partners) on capability build and embed Diageo functional & leadership capabilities. The role works within a team and supports commercial team members
Purpose of Role
This role is located within the Demand Sales business. Considering the great need to have a dynamic and proactive Sales Force, it is crucial for the position to be constantly updated on the current training break through in order to give the Team knowledge to be a great Sales Force.
The job holder works jointly with Head of Consumer Marketing, Regional Sales Managers, Territory Managers, Senior Sales Managers and Field sales teams to develop and deliver training objectives e.g. Diageo Way of Selling (DWS), Sales Drivers (QVPPP), Managing Relations (MR), Trade Strategy (TS), Customer Insights, Consumer Driven Outlet Segmentation (CDOS)
This position is based in the divisions, 70% of the time is spent in the field and 30% of the time is spent in the office planning learning & coaching interventions
Market situation is changing rapidly due to the economic situation, declining disposable incomes and opening up of the economic trading blocs allowing in flow of products from other markets. Consumers are becoming more sophisticated. This requires proactive selling to maximize company market share. Trade is evolving and being more sophisticated especially at retail level.
Leadership Responsibilities and Decision Making Rights
• To provide leadership in building capability mainly within the sales team.
• Work cross-functionally & regionally to transform behaviour using tools and processes that deliver increased competitiveness within the team
• Work with Sales Team Leaders to cascade new initiatives on functional & Leadership development capability
• Champion Diageo Way of Selling (DWS)in the division to create the best CPG sales team through transforming the coaching capabilities in our line managers (TMs) by building a coaching culture
• Organising/facilitate other trainings outside DWS such as spirits training etc.
• Embed & sustain DWS Standards of Excellence through rigorous coaching on structured call; persuasive selling; and brand knowledge while on trade accompaniments
• Champion Intouch – Roll out, embed and sustain the tool to drive brilliant execution at retail.
• Publish a quarterly training Calendar at least one month before the start of each quarter including creating clarity and understanding of all cycle plans through dramatization of activities in cycle briefings & Area meetings (POPPS).
Qualifications and experience required
• Graduate preferable in a business related field
• In market 5 years sales experience with demonstrable track record of success
• Strong diagnosis and problem solving skills
• Strong communication and influencing, able to explain process issues in a simple way, preferably with experience working
across sales teams
• Knowledge of field sales ways of working is preferable or understanding and experience of sales business processes
• Attention to detail is key, ruthlessly focusing on execution
• Willing to set the bar high and is committed to delivering excellence
• Have a huge passion for growing and developing teams
• Quick learner who exhibits resiliency and tenacity in the face of challenge
Barriers to success in role
• Weak communication and influencing
• Dislike or discomfort with detail
• Low resilience and inability to operate successfully in a fast moving and often pressurized environment
• Lack of flexibility or openness to change
• Inability to work across cultures
Worker Type : Regular
Primary Location: Dar es Salaam
Additional Locations : Job Posting Start Date :