The Delegation of the European Union to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC) is looking for: 2 Secretaries
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political union between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC):
- Supports Tanzania’s and EAC’s development agendas and sustainable development goals for a better life for all
- Provides support with a view to inclusive growth, private sector development and job creation
- Promotes fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy;
- Fosters regional peace and stability, economic integration and trade development.
Upon recruitment, the successful candidates will occupy a specific job function as Secretary – these job functions may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
This is a full time employment. The posts are allocated in salary group III which has a minimum gross salary of 2,713,234 TZS per month.
We offer other entitlements as per European Union human resources procedures applicable to locally recruited staff. The definitive salary will be determined based on the professional experience of the successful candidate. We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
The Secretaries may assist in Delegation related activities.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience.
- Linguistics ability and Communication skills
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Very good oral and written communication.
- Interpersonal and Intellectual skills
- High degree of responsibility and be able to work independently
- Ability to work in a team
- Professional conduct. Ability to focus on priorities and to organise work to deliver on time
- Flexibility to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands
How to apply
Please send only your detailed CV and Cover Letter. The cover letter should mention your motivation for applying as well as three key EU values and explain why you think these values are important or otherwise to EU-Tanzania relations. All applications must be submitted through this email address:
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications: by 17:00 on 11 January 2021