The European Union (EU) Is an economic and political union between 27 European countries. It plays an Important role In International affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community:
- Supports Tanzania’s development agenda and sustainable development goals for a better life for all
- Provides support with a view to Inclusive growth, private sector development and Job creation
- Promotes fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy;
- Fosters regional peace and stability, economic Integration and trade development.
Secretary / Archivist
Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific Job function as Secretary this Job function may be changed In accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
This Is a full time employment. The post is allocated in salary group III which has a minimum gross salary of 2,763,087 TZS per month. Reporting to the Head of Finance and Contract (FCA), the Secretary / Archivist will manage activities of the section. The main tasks will Include:
- Co-ordinate the storage, reproduction, circulation and retrieval of documents In the archive storeroom and in the IT tool available for fillng/archivlng.
- Record and route Incoming correspondence, finalise and transmit outgoing correspondence, using fillng/archivlng software whenever necessary and ensure that deadlines are respected.
- Maintain the registers for the different files updated.
- Co-ordinate and contribute to the administrative quality checks for files for signature.
- Prepare notes, minutes and routine correspondence.
- Organise events when required (meetings, conference, and business lunch).
- Ensure that infrastructure, office supplies, inventoried goods and other logistical needs for the FCA section are covered.
- Maintain FCA Calendar updated.
- Manage FCA Phone calls.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor degree of Information and Records management, or equivalent.
- Minimum of four years professional work experience In administrative support of which 2 years practical experience in filing/ar- chlving for large company Is required.
Linguistics ability and Communication skills
- Fluent in English and Kiswahill.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
Interpersonal and Intellectual skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands
- High degree of responsibility and be able to work independently in order to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work In a team
How to apply
Please send your detailed EuroPass CV in English filled In with the template available at https://europa.eu/europass/eportfollo/screen/cv-edltor?lang=en and a Cover Letter in English. The cover letter should mention your motivation for applying.
All applications must be submitted through this email address:
The Subject of your email should be: Post No. 37267 Secretary/Archlvist
CVs presented in a different format and documents In a different language will not be considered.
The deadline for applications: 18 June 2021
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the Information provided In their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be Invited to an assessment phase which may Include an Interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to Inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.