Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
The accountant will be responsible for several major duties:
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Collect data to determine costs of business activity such as material purchases, inventory and labor
- Maintain an expenses database and determine fixed costs (e.g. salaries, allowances etc.)
- Analyze actual operational costs and preparing periodic reports; compare standard costs to actual operational costs
- Record cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting profitability of services
- Prepare monthly returns
- Analyze and report profit margins
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
- Support to external audit function (Statutory Audit); ensuring that statutory audit is carried out successfully.
- Maintain an up to date fixed asset register, prepare depreciation schedules and update the ledger.
- Payroll Administration; preparation of monthly payroll for payment and statutory deductions
- Maintenance of debtors’ accounts; keep record of all debtors’ balances to ensure that they are easily understood and provide reliable information on the outstanding debts.
- Processing supplier’s invoices; ensuring that the invoices have been properly approved. Ensuring that the goods invoiced have been received and that a GRN had been raised at the time of receiving the goods and ensuring that the invoice amount does not exceed the LPO amount.
- Ensure that all taxes are paid on or before their due dates, supported by accurate returns as required by the tax authorities
Accountant General Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant study.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA Holder) or ACCA Certified
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Conversant with the preparation of financial statements (company and consolidation)
- Knowledgeable on working with the IFRS as well as Tanzanian Tax Law
- Cost Accounting Knowledge,
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail,
- Time Management,
- Data Entry Management,
- General Math Skills,
- Microsoft Office literacy
To apply for this role, please send your CV, Professional Certificates and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Application Deadline: 30th June 2020