Job Opportunity at Mbeya University, Senior Accountant II
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON CONTRACT BASIS
Mbeya University of Science and Technology invites applications from suitably and competent persons to fill a vacancy that exists in the Directorate of Finance on Contract basis.
1. SENIOR ACCOUNTANT II (1 POST)
Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions plus CPA (T), ACCA, ACA, CIA or equivalent professional qualification recognized by the NBAA with working experience of at least seven (7) years in related field.
1.2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify University potential issues affecting expenses, balances, or cash flow;
- Co-ordinate general accounting functions, including checking of the general ledger and journal entries;
- Prepare periodic financial reports and oversee the preparation of projects financial reports;
- Manage Fixed Asset Register;
- Assist in responding to audit queries;
- Prepare and maintain payroll and data sheet;
- Issue expenditure reports;
- Supervise documentation and monitor internal controls; ix. Coordinate and assist in processing Tax exceptions;
- Prepare debtors and creditors schedule when required;
- Prepare departmental annual budget;
- Assist in liaising with external auditors;
- Assist in carrying out statutory payments and ensure all deductions are remitted to respective authorities and properly accounted; and
- Perform any other duty as assigned by a supervisor
1.3. SALARY SCALE PGSS 9
1.4. TENURE Contract
Successful candidates shall hold the office for One (01) Year and the contract may be renewed upon satisfactory service.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania
- Applicants must attach an up – to – date /current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers. iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants who are currently employed should channel their applications through their employers.
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
- Degree/Advanced Diploma Certificates
- Degree/Advanced Diploma Transcripts
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates
- Professional Certificates from respective boards (if any)
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate vi. Form IV and Form VI result slips are strictly not accepted vii. Testimonials, partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the
- CV will necessitate legal action
Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply
Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts
Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
Women are highly encouraged to apply xiii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on the date of interview
Application letters should be written in English
Deadline for application is 10/12/2019 at 3:30p.m.
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS;
THE VICE CHANCELLOR,
MBEYA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY,