Reporting to the DCOP, is responsible for all aspects of the technical activities and services. They will serve as a member of the project’s senior management team, based in Dar es Salaam with frequent travel. The Senior Advisor will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic guidance on all health service delivery aspects and oversee the integration of gender and youth sensitive and inclusive programming across the Activity’s objectives. They will play a crucial role in the conceptualization, development, implementation, and evaluation of such activities. This position is located in Tanzania and is contingent upon award.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of project activities related to service delivery and improving access to quality services
- Advise the COP, serve as subject matter and technical expert.
- Develop recommendations and strategies toward establishing referral mechanisms and service provision plan to help achieve key activity goals, integrating with other engagement and capacity building strategies as needed;
- Lead the integration of gender transformative lens in creation of annual work plans and participates in the monitoring of work plans against indicators;
- Collaboratively develops responsive, realistic and high-quality plans to build the capacity of staff and local partners on GBV and gender transformative programming;
- Leads development or adaptation of programming tools around GBV prevention and GBV response/services;
- Advise changes and improvements to improve the content, quality and supervision of services in both primary and secondary service delivery contexts and take responsibility for implementation.
- Work with health care providers, local authorities, community members, and other key stakeholders to identify both clinical and behavioral service delivery issues that impede access to care and uptake of services.
- Using a collaborative style of working, communicate effectively with objective leads, partners, and supervisors and contribute directly to monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Gender/Women’s Studies, social work, international development, or other relevant fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience improving access to health service delivery.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in planning, implementation and monitoring of gender programing to prevent GBV or promote gender equity.
- Experience facilitating trainings and workshops focusing on improving service delivery and/or gender sensitive and inclusive programming.
- Professional experience interacting with U.S. Government agencies, host country governments, small NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English;
- Tanzanian National preferred.
The deadline for submitting the application is 3 May 2021.