To evaluate counter-party credit risks associated with Wholesale Banking lending at the client interface, with the primary objective to contain credit risk within acceptable parameters.
- Provision of direct credit evaluation services at the customer interface and apprise client application timely
- Identify credit and risk management requirements at the source of the deal negotiation/ business proposal.
- Conduct credit evaluation interviews during deal negotiation
- Support other teams in department to develop high quality credit solutions to customers; Recommend appropriate facilities in line with risk evaluation
- Present and defend own judgement and senior credit evaluations to clients
- Present and defend credit proposals to CREDCO& BCC.
- Identify, quantify and evaluate sources of risk in relation to profitability of business proposal and financial viability of the corporation as a whole
- Utilize industry risk analysis available to identify and understand contextual threats to existing and potential clients.
- Proactively and timely processing credit applications for existing facilities
- Detect and evaluate shifts or changes in key parameters in a business relationship or industry
- Monitor utilization in excess or arrears of credit facilities and assists Relationship Managers in managing the risk exposure.
- Build relationships with other Senior Analysts and Relationship Managers to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations.
- Responsible for reviewing financial information produced by customers.
- Monitor and Control quality of loan portfolio.
- Plan and Implement annual credit reviews for the loan portfolio.
- Knowledge of the key areas in Wholesale Banking.
- Understanding of key financial indicators and use financial analysis to evaluate strategic options and opportunities.
- Robust credit knowledge.
- Strong ability to influence, build and /or initiate effective relationships and credibility with others (colleagues, stakeholders and customers).
- Strong problem solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to think in terms of integrated solutions; Logical, rational and shows sound judgement.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively and strategically influence across the organization.
- Leadership & Stakeholder Management
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce/ Accounting/ Finance or similar qualifications.
- Other relevant qualifications including post graduate qualifications such as an MBA is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Banking and/or Financial Services, 5 years being in credit analysis or credit evaluation.
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Senior Analyst; Client Origination