The role holder will be a core member of Aceli Africa’s dynamic and growing team and will be responsible for supporting all program activities in Tanzania. The incumbent must have experience in project management, donor reporting, and stakeholder engagement in the fields of agricultural development and/or financial inclusion. The role will report to the Country Representative for Tanzania and coordinate extensively with Aceli team members in Kenya and the United States. The position will be contracted as a full-time consultancy by GDI, Inc., a nonprofit organization registered in the U.S.
- Support outreach to and relationship management with current and prospective lending partners for Aceli’s financial incentives programme and lender capacity building;
- Recruit, screen, register, and manage participation of agricultural SMEs in Aceli’s technical assistance programme;
- Coordinate with Aceli learning partners to set up and implement impact studies, including site visits and surveys, with SMEs and their affiliated farmers and employees;
- Support stakeholder engagement and project management related to innovation and policy;
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of program activities to Aceli’s donors;
- Provide key inputs and coordinate with GDI finance & operations team to meet donors’ financial reporting requirements;
- Take initiative to identify and implement other key priorities in close coordination with the Country Representative for TZ and Aceli colleagues in Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, and the U.S.
Required qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in International Development, Agriculture, Finance, or related field;
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience;
- Demonstrated experience managing strategic relationships with financial institutions, agricultural development organizations, and international donors;
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to present information, both in writing and verbally, in a structured and insightful manner;
- Go-getter who takes initiative and is able to work independently and collaboratively with a multi-country team in a rapidly evolving environment;
- Professional with a demonstrated record of the highest integrity and ethical conduct; and
- Passion for applying financial and business acumen to have a positive impact on farmer livelihoods, food security, opportunities for women and youth, and climate resilience in Tanzania.
How to apply
Global Development Incubator is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you believe you meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application with the subject line “Sr. Associate, TZ, Aceli Africa” and attach your detailed CV along with a cover letter stating your interest in and qualifications for the position, e-mail address and telephone contacts. Applications that do not include a cover letter tailored to this position will not be considered. The application deadline is 5pm East Africa time Friday, November 05, 2021.