Senior Communications Officer
REPORTS TO: CEO
SUPERVISION: Communications Officer & Bilingual Administrative Assistant
The role requires one to develop & execute a creative and strategic communications plan to support ATI’s Business Strategy. The strategy is aimed at expanding ATI’s African membership base and market share and extending ATI’s reputation within strategic markets.
The incumbent is responsible for the overall management of the ATI’s brand. This involves reputational management, marketing and public relations activities.
- Manage the department’s annual and AGM budgets;
- Create and implement an annual communication strategy;
- Manage the production and distribution of reports, presentations, press releases and announcements produced by ATI;
- Write and edit press releases, in-house newsletters, presentations, speeches, articles, promotional material and annual reports;
- Produce ATI’s annual report, which includes coordinating input from management and all stakeholders and production;
- Work with HR to create an internal communications plan that will incorporate targeted messaging to help foster an environment of transparency and unity;
- Plan and implement PR campaigns;
- Act as the company’s spokesperson when required;
- Media management – develop and maintain good working relationships with the media, including domestic and international newspapers, magazines, radio and television;
- Expand media database to include contacts at top-tier international media outlets;
- Work with the Underwriting and relevant departments in reviewing, updating, and producing marketing brochures, handouts, and multimedia and digital products;
- Answer enquiries from individuals, journalists and other organizations; and
- Manage organization of special events, such as ATI’s annual international Roundtable, AGM-related activities, office launches, workshops, press conferences and exhibitions.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations or related field
Professional qualification in Communications, Marketing or Public Relation
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant full time professional experience in PR and communications work
- Experience working in an international financial institution, an investment insurance environment and a multi-cultural environment will be an asset
Skills and Attributes
Knowledge and experience in marketing;
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex issues into clearly written articles, speeches and press releases;
- Demonstrated skills in creating and implementing communications strategies in large institutions; and
- Experience in designing and implementing short, long-term strategic marketing and/or PR plans.
How to Apply:
Please submit an electronic copy of the following:
CV, plus details of your current remuneration package along with details of three referees
Personal History Form
Submit your application to [email protected]
The closing date for application is Thursday, 21 January 2021 at Midnight Nairobi time.
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals. ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancies, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description. ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview.