Responsible for growing both Assets & Liabilities (Deposits) of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), advising the department on business strategy and guiding Relationship Managers/Business Bankers/Relationship Officers in recruiting business customers to ensure SME business growth.
- Driving sales of SME loans and deposits throughout the zone (covering Branches, Business Centre’s and Hubs)
- Appraisal of high value SME credit applications above the Relationship Managers limit; from the respective zones and provide recommendations for decision making.
- Take a leading role in guiding Relationship Managers/Business Bankers/Relationship Officers in growing asset book and mobilizing deposits from SME segment
- Coordinate with Relationship/Business Managers to prepare appropriate financial structure for managing risks and realizing economic value (pricing)
- Advise the Senior Manager SME, Sales & Retention on different strategies relating to Business Banking development and growth.
- Actively build capacity of Relationship Managers through on-going mentoring and support to encourage business growth and portfolio quality.
- Monitoring departmental budgets, ensuring RM sales targets are achieved within reasonable timelines
- Preparing budget and projections for the zones managed. The budget to include the list of existing, prospective customers to benefit from loans and other cross-sell products
- Follow up with Relationship/Business Managers on execution of potential pipelines (Asset & Liabilities) to become successful deals.
- Proactively engage with other stakeholders (credit/risk/operations) to ensure the SME portfolio is maintained to the highest standard.
- Monitor and evaluate business portfolio to ensure performance criteria (PAR & NPL levels) are maintained within the acceptable risk level.
- Represent NMB in all customer forums and ensure the best relationship between NMB and customers in the zones through networking and excellent service.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent credit analytical skills
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Knowledge of the Tanzania Banking Sector Environment
- Sound knowledge of SME markets and Environments
- Good customer relationship and sound understanding of bank’s loan products, policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication with high proficiency in the use of (English and Kiswahili).
- Good stakeholder management, leadership, coaching and team building skills.
- Strong relationship and sales management skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Banking, Economics, and/or other relevant fields
- MBA will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Business Banking/Corporate Banking relationship management role
- At least 5 years’ experience in Credit analysis.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
The deadline for submitting the application is 3rd November 2020