Senior Credit Analyst, Structured Finance
- To undertake credit analysis of structured trade finance credit applications resulting in responsible management and growth of the corporate structured finance loan book by ensuring the bank’s returns are maximized while adhering to the stipulated credit policy/ lending parameters and risk appetite.
- To conduct detailed analysis of business operational risks and opportunities, cash flows, potential risks and mitigating factors, collateral values at hand, ring-fenced with financial and non-financial covenants and aligning the loan requests with the banks risk appetite statements on specific sectors.
- Anticipate and/or recognize internal and external international and domestic trade trends and performance of major donor and government funded construction of infrastructure development projects. their payment methods, potential operational risks that can be associated with selection of bidders, payments mechanism and lending by banks that may impact credit and organizational performance in a dynamic environment.
- Participate in review of product policies, manuals and procedures
- Report on non-performing trade finance loan portfolios and recommend for taking appropriate actions where applicable
- Review collateral related documents on a regular basis carefully evaluating the location of the collateral pledged/ held when upon request of the Senior Manager
- Ensure agreed SLA and TATs are observed without jeopardizing the quality of credit proposals.
- Provide direct (specialist/ professional) credit assessment and evaluation to whether the credit proposal meets criteria and counter-party credit risk falls within acceptable parameters, and independently recommend appropriate credit proposal including terms or conditions where necessary to ring fence the facilities and related cash flows towards repayment of the facilities, to the bank.
- Identify, quantify and evaluate sources of risks and (where possible) provide mitigation.
- Interrogate information obtained to gain a thorough understanding of business parameters, which create profit/value as well as the associated risks.
- Be able to defend own judgement in a manner which does not negatively affect the business relationship.
- Utilize industry and market information available to identify and understand contextual threats to existing and potential clients with a focus on international trade.
- Build a smooth working relationship with business partners to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround times on credit evaluation.
- Share joint credit responsibility for business recommended / approved.
- Detect and evaluate shifts or changes in key risk parameters in a business relationship or industry and evaluate the implications of such changes on continued business dealings.
- Take and or recommend remedial /appropriate actions for deteriorating exposure identified during review process.
- Provide expert input for all papers for tabling at wholesale Credit / Board Credit Committees to Senior manager , Credit assessment (structured finance) ensuring ample time for his review
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge and skills in the Tanzanian trade finance, supply chain financing solutions and import-export trade operations and how the world’s economy specifically (global demand/supply market forces) has re-shaped the international trade in Tanzania in recent times.
- Understanding cash management services that aim at unlocking clients’ short-term management of liquidity issues for managing clients’ inflows and outflows of cash flows, international trade and assets management. Such products include. bills, payments, invoice discounting, factoring, electronic invoicing, supply chain financing, most of which can be done electronically.
- Understanding banking trade finance solutions.
- Ability to facilitate business communication between exporters and importers, banks, insurance, insurance providers, and export credit agencies and guarantees issuers through buyers’ credit, guarantees, bid bonds, invoice discounting and insurance
- Extensive knowledge and skills in credit appraisal/analysis especially those related to trade finance and supply chain finance for the corporate and emerging corporate businesses.
- Proven good interpersonal skills in a Business and Credit environment
- Knowledge of Bank Credit Products with a focus on trade and structured finance
- Detailed knowledge of credit analysis techniques
- Analytical and numerate skills
- Communications and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills including the ability to take a clear position (and defend it if needed) with regards to a credit decision about credit facilities.
- Excellent understanding of credit and associated risks.
- Excellent understanding and in-depth knowledge about the key sectors of the Tanzanian economy.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Commerce/ Economics /Finance/Business or equivalent
- At least 4 years of banking experiences with a minimum period of 3 years within the Loans/Credit Department(s) at branch and/or Head Office level.
- Experience in assessing large and emerging corporate credit applications especially in import and export trade and cash management services.
- A minimum of intermediate level of computer literacy with a focus on MS Excel.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.