Career Opportunity With BRAC International
BRAC is an international development organisation with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university. BRAC is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last three consecutive years by NGO Advisor.
BRAC’s unique holistic approach to poverty alleviation includes a range of core programmes in economic and social development. BRAC’s institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied in countries where their models are either replicated or adapted according to the country context. Together, BRAC aims to help people realise their potential and create opportunities through multi-stakeholder collaboration.
BRAC acts as a catalyst, creating opportunities for people living in poverty. The organisation is specialised in piloting, perfecting, and scaling innovations to impact the lives of millions. With over 120,000 staff worldwide, BRAC is now almost completely self-sustainable through its network of social enterprises and investments and operates in 12 countries across Asia and Africa: Bangladesh (where it was born), Afghanistan, Liberia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Pakistan.
BRAC International was set up in 2009 as a non-profit foundation in the Netherlands to govern and manage all BRAC entities outside Bangladesh, except for affiliates in the UK and the US with offices established in The Hague, Newnd London.Maintaining strong relationships between BRAC USA and BRAC UK with the management and programmes of BRAC Bangladesh and BRAC International are essential for BRAC, based on joint regional and global frameworks.
A world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential.
BRAC’s mission is to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease and social injustice.
BRAC’s interventions aim to achieve large scale, positive changes through economic and social programmes that enable women and men to realise their potential.
Position Senior Director – Programme Development, Resource Mobilization, and Learning (PRL)
The Senior Director PRL will be responsible for quality development in programs, resource mobilisation and organisational learning, throughout BRAC, BRAC International and its affiliates around the globe. He/she will be a key player in bringing the organisation to a higher level of financial sustainability, as well as improving impact at scale within implementing projects as well as knowledge creation and influence.
As the funding landscape shifts and becomes more competitive, BRAC will need to develop a more strategic and skilled approach to meet its funding needs. To stay aligned with the strategy, the programmes would need to constantly redesign their implementation plans, manage new clients, and reconsider their approaches to fundraising, as part of the development of a learning culture.
The Senior Director PRL is reporting to the Executive Director BRAC International and the Executive Director BRAC Bangladesh. As a member of the Executive Management Team he/she is expected to actively contribute to BRAC’s global strategy and development agenda and to drive changes for improvement in alignment with the global strategy and BRAC’s brand. This all should be based on his/her active engagement with BRAC’s country programmes.
The Senior Director PRL will lead and motivate its team of professional Program Development and Grants Management leaders to collaborate and support BRAC’s country and affiliate teams to strengthen its programme quality, fundraising strategy, donor management, and resource mobilisation. In addition, he/she will further develop Private Partnerships and the MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) function for BRAC.
- Lead and be a member of a pro-active PRL team that supports BRAC Bangladesh, BRAC International country programmes, and Affiliates in developing a fundraising strategy, pro-active forecasting, quality and timely proposals (by bringing the required technical expertise and consultants), setting up MEAL frameworks to ensure high quality programmes and donor reports that meet the expectations of the donors.
- With the PRL team, invest in capacity building of country teams and staff, to ensure that they understand the programme cycle principles, as well as importance of M&E and accountability to communities and donors.
- With BRAC, BRAC International and affiliates strategically position BRAC for new opportunities, and foster innovation and development of new programming.
- Overseeing the Program, Resource, and Learning” (PRL) central unit and strengthening of systems for collaboration, information sharing, and quality control between PRL and BRAC teams around the world.
- Leading the development of growth plans for BRAC, through close working relationships with donors, governments and private funders, and by providing support on business opportunities to ensure high quality, cohesive proposals.
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement, and performance optimization across all programme development processes, as well as use of tools and systems that support that, in close collaboration with Program Directors to embed key tools and practices in the project management cycle.
- Managing competencies and capabilities within programme development, resource mobilisation, partnerships and MEAL, by providing technical skills to country and other staff and informing them about new approaches and best practices on the key programme quality and resource mobilisation.
- Staying updated on the latest funding trends, policies, and innovations for effectively prioritising the focus areas that are aligned with the organisation’s current and expanding core business strategies
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 10 years of progressively experience in an international business environment – with a diverse workforce – that includes leading roles in fundraising/donor relationships, programme development, partnerships, and stakeholder management/communication.
- Significant experience in the development sector in a senior leadership role for 5+ countries with responsibility for resource mobilisation, programme quality, external relations and strategy development.
- A proven track record in successfully securing grants from Major Donors, Corporations, and Individual Partnerships & Trusts, in establishing and managing relationships and partnerships with private and institutional donors and government counterparts.
- Experience and skills in proposal development and MEAL systems, in analysing complex organisational challenges and presenting innovative solutions, leading strategic planning and translating this into program design.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in a complex international setting with proven track record of people and team management and development, and establishing a learning culture within an organisation.
- Proven ability to analyse external environment and global social trends – like SDG goals and donor trends – and in successfully developing and managing both external and internal partnerships as well as team’s relationships.
- Experience in establishing a safeguarding culture within organisations, for establishing a safe working environment at all levels, with sensitivity to diverse culture/workforce.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication; ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationships with external partners and clients at the senior level. Highly respected by peers and staff throughout the organisation as well as by donors, wealthy private partners, clients and other partners.
- Ability to win support across the wider BRAC family, for the work of the PRL unit and the overall quality of international programme delivery and resource mobilisation, by pro-actively supporting country programmes with improving their quality in projects and growth in funding.
- Fluency in English in verbal and written, and preferably in a second international language (French; Arabic).
Salary and Benefits
Job Location: Any of BRAC’s offices, with preference for Europe or Africa
Last Apply Date: 20/Aug/2020
For detailed job description and to apply online, please visit: https://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/senior-director-programme-development-resource-mobilization-and-learning-prl/
BRAC believes every one of its employees, suppliers, downstream partners, visitors, clients and community including children, youth and vulnerable adults that come into contact regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability or ethnic origin has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We guarantee assessment of candidates with disabilities who meet the essential requirements. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will do everything possible to ensure that those who are suitable to work within our values and beliefs are recruited to work for us. Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification of candidature.
APPLY ONLINE HERE!