The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world-class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanian citizens are invited to apply.
NATURAL GAS DIVISION
a) Post Title : Senior Engineer – Gas Transmission – 1 post
b) Duty Station : EWURA – EWURA Head Quarters
c) Reports to : Principal Engineer – Gas Transmission
Senior Engineer – Gas Transmission will assist in monitoring of the natural gas regulated sector to ensure conformity with standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in process of overseeing effective and efficient application of provisions of the Petroleum Act, 2015 in order to ensure commercial aspects of natural gas sector are in conformity with provision of the Act and good industry practices.
- To participate in ensuring optimal provision of economic inputs to regulating and controlling the processing and transmission of natural gas and regularly monitor market’s demand-supply dynamics of natural gas and keep track of prices of natural gas in national and international markets.
- To participate in review, issuance, renewal and revoking of licenses for natural gas exploitation, distribution and sell in accordance with the Act and accepted standard
- To initiate designing of effective business models for improving quality of service delivery of natural gas
- To ensure consistency of customer experience in respect of services provided in view of natural gas
- To monitor and attend service levels and complaints of stakeholders regarding natural gas
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience;
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering (Petroleum, Gas, Mechanical, Chemical and Processing) and Geo – Science (Geology and Geo-Physics).
- Possession of Master degree or Post graduate qualifications in the fields mentioned above or others such as Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Must be registered by the Engineers Registration Board as a Professional Engineer or appropriate Professional Bodies
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application
- Possession of at least five (5) years’ work experience in relevant fields.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or daytime contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 23rd October, 2020.
Only short listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA), EWURA House,
Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P O Box 2857,
Email: [email protected]
NB: All applications that shall not be channeled through the above postal and email addresses shall not be considered.