LocationDar es Salaam, TanzaniaSalary$12,600 – $14,429 (USD) depending on experienceJob Advert
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Senior Finance and Administration Assistant to provide essential support to our programme operations in Tanzania. This role will be based from our office in Dar es Salaam and is offered on a 2 year, fixed-term contract basis.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launced at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
The Senior Finance and Administration Assistant will provide essential support in administrative, financial and internal control services to the programme operations whilst working with the Country Director to ensure compliance with GAIN policies, systems and procedures. They will also support the Country Director to ensure compliance with external requirements, such as local laws and regulations as well as donor, partner, service- provider and vendor contractual obligations.
Role specifics include;
- Manage AP and AR in line with GAIN guidelines.
- Prepare cash and fund flow statements for review with the Country Director
- Ensure all payment requisitions are complete and have all necessary documentation
- Prepare required supporting documents for payment processing such as travel advances, sub-contractors/staff advances
- Ensure that all taxes and staff deductions are calculated accurately and paid into the correct Government agency
- Work with the Country Director to update the country security page on the intranet and contribute to security briefs to Country visitors
- Oversee the proper upkeep and maintenance of office premises and working facilities like photocopying machines and furniture to provide the best possible physical environment for staff to discharge their duties.
- Ensure all service contracts are valid and maintained.
To be considered, you must hold or be working towards a recognised finance and accounting qualfiication. You should have previous experience working within a finance related function in an office environment, preferably in an NGO or similar. You will need to demonstrate working knowledge of office-based computer applications (particularly excel) and finance specific software packages. Previous experience of providing finance support to multi-donor funded projects would be an advantage.
For a full list of responsibilities and person specification, please see the job description.
About our offer
In addition to a competitive salary, GAIN offers 25 days holiday (in addition to public holidays), flexible working and professional development opportunities. We will support you to grow your career and offer this in a supportive, collaborative environment. Additional, country specific benefits may apply.
For more detailed role information, please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
This advert closes on 7th July 2020. Priority will be given to early applications. GAIN reserves the right to close the application window early should we receive submissions from suitable candidates ahead of the published closing date.
GAIN is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
Job DescriptionJD_Senior_Finance_and_Admin_Assistant_TZ_FINAL_.pdfClosing Date7 Jul 2020