At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
The Senior Finance Officer works with the ACHIEVE global team, the ACHIEVE Tanzania Team, and the general accounting finance team to ensure that Pact’s financial management policies and procedures as well those of the donors have been adhered to and that accurate financial records are maintained.
Perform functions to support the ACHIEVE project in Tanzania in financial management in order to provide: accurate, current and complete disclosure of financial transactions; records that identify source and application of funds; effective control and accountability of funds, property, and other assets; and comparison of the expenditure versus budget amounts.
Application Deadline is September 21, 2020 at 5:00 PM EST.
- Responsible for the oversight of the budget preparation and management processes in conjunction with the relevant program managers, including the development and review of relevant standard costs and scales for the programs.
- Track expenditures and justify allocations and reclassifications, when required.
- Design and implement systems and procedures following Pact standards adapted to handle specific country constraints and conditions yet ensuring adequate internal controls and minimizing risks.
- Work with the relevant Departments (Programs, Monitoring & Evaluation, etc.) on integrated management of all project finances to ensure effective use of resources to achieve program objectives in compliance with all donor requirements.
- Ensuring all approved financial transactions are posted into the accounting software in the appropriate account codes.
- Review reconcile ledger account and make necessary adjustments as advised by the Senior Finance Manager and HQ staff.
- Advise the Senior Finance Manager of the status of all posting for his/her review before the extraction of the monthly financial reports for the Country Director’s approval and submission to HQ.
- Review-Journal and payment Vouchers ensuring that they are adequately supported, properly classified, and allocated to the appropriate program and overhead accounts before posting.
- Ensuring that all supporting documents required for financial statements submissions to HQ are prepared.
- Ensuring all soft copy reports (sent to HQ) are properly kept in the financial report files in the country.
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager in the preparation of requests for a wire transfer from HQ.
- Assist in the preparation of online payments.
- Provide requisite cooperation with external auditors and organizations undertaking audits and/or financial reviews.
- Assist the ACHIEVE Global Operations Manager to provide input and approval of financial progress and final reports on programs and projects ensuring they are submitted in accordance with USAID and other donor reporting requirements in a timely fashion
- Participate in staff orientation, training, development, and team-building for all staff within and outside the department
- Carry out other duties assigned by the ACHIEVE Global and ACHIEVE Tanzania team.
- Holder of a master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant fields or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce or an Advanced Diploma in Accounting, Finance or Commerce.
- CPA (T) or its equivalent (is a requirement)
- Tanzanian work experience is required and the candidate must be a Tanzanian national.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in accounting, operations, and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs in developing countries; with a strong preference for candidates with experience in USAID contract management.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience overseeing the procurement administration and financial management and reporting of a USAID-funded activity.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in developing and managing large budgets, including proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S. Government financial and procurement rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, interpersonal skills, and team-building experience.
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication, and organizational skills in English.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of accounting software, such as QuickBooks, ACCPAC, Serenic, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good leadership, excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Analytical and report presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
The deadline for submitting the application is September 21, 2020