Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Technical Service Section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Geotechnical Manager
- Ensuring all tasks or activities are executed and aligned with safety standard operating procedures and safe work instructions at all times
- Ensure the safety of all underground personnel from geotechnical hazards
- Undertaking of geotechnical data collection programmes,
- Geotechnical design and modelling studies and providing input for mine planning and design, to ensure mine stability for short and long-term planning,
- Conducting Geotechnical inspections of mine development, open stopes and pillar behavior, and the impact on mine infrastructure, mine planning, ore extraction, and underground control systems,
- Assessing seismic responses to mining and managing seismic hazards,
- Maintaining procedures, processes and databases for all geotechnical functions, including ground support, ground deformation monitoring and training,
- Identifying and assisting with the implementation of business improvement opportunities,
- Assist the Geotechnical Manager to complete BGML’s employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance and take appropriate action to remedy any substandard employee performance or behavior.
- Act as a liaison between planning and operations departments coordinating rock mechanical engineering efforts towards short-term objectives.
- Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering or Geological Engineering degree preferably with a specialization in Ground Control, Geotechnical Engineering or Rock Mechanics.
- Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in underground mining environment
- Must have a minimum 5 years post graduate industry underground mining experience preferably in precious metals using narrow vein long hole stoping
- Must have a valid driving license and able to drive a light vehicle in underground environment.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency with geotechnical design software such as FLAC3D, Dips, UnWedge, RS2, RS3, Map3D and Deswik mine design;
- Proficiency with Ticker3D, Trace and mXrap
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills with contractors and mine personnel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work safely and not create or ignore hazards.
- Cultural and religious awareness and tolerance.
- High degree of patience and tolerance.
- Able to maintain accurate records and reports.
- Ability to interpret mine layouts.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “SENIOR GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER“ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 17th October 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com