Senior Lecturers Various Faculty (10 positions)
The St. Augustine University of Tanzania (SAUT) is a private higher learning Institution owned by the Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) with a vision of holistic development of a person and respect of human dignity.
SAUT is an equal opportunity employer and it intends to recruit competent academicians capable of imparting professional skills and inculcating civic and social values to students that will make them better citizens.
The applicants are required to fill the following vacant positions:-
School of Law (2 Posts)
Faculty of Engineering (Civil & Electrical) (2 Posts) for each department
Faculty of Education (Education Foundation, Geography, Kiswahili, Language & Linguistics, History) (2 Posts) for each department
Faculty of Social Sciences and Communication (Public Relations, Mass Communication, Sociology, Philosophy) (2 Posts) for each department
Faculty of Business Administration (Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Procurement, Tourism, Economics) (2 Posts) for each department
Entry qualification for Senior Lecturer Post
- Holder of a Bachelor Degrees in relevant field from an accredited Higher Academic Institution (First class, or Upper second class, with GPA 3.8.
- Holder of a Masters Degree in relevant field from an accredited Higher Academic Institution with a GPA 4.0.
- Holder of PhD in the relevant field from an accredited Higher Academic Institution with a GPA 4.0.
- Proof of sufficient publications in the areas of specialization.
The general attributes for all the applicants for an Academic position
- Ability to design, set, administer and supervise different assessment items
- Ability to mark student scripts and coursework assessment items and provide feedback
- Ability to prepare and deliver own teaching materials
- Ability to carry out independent research and provide feedback
- Ability to supervise research and other knowledge and skills development activities.
The general attributes for all the applicants for an Administrative position Secretary Position
- Ability to perform any other related duties as may be assigned by one’s reporting officer.
- Ability to arrange and attend meetings where necessary and writes minutes.
- Ability to take proper care of work facilities and equipment.
- Ability to keep minutes/records of meetings.
- Ability to co-ordinates office needs and requirements.
- Ability to handle confidential matters
Estate Manager Position
Ability to make feasibility studies and evaluates the viability of proposed projects in Estates Management.
Ability to perform any other related duties as may be assigned by one’s reporting officer.
Ability to assist in formulating policies on Estates Management.
Ability to assist in developing objectives and plans, and installing systems and procedures relating to Estates Management.
Ability to design and supervises infrastructure projects.
Ability to prepare sketches and designs for major modifications to existing buildings.
Ability to plan, co-ordinates, controls and supervises estates maintenance activities.
Terms of Employment
Successful candidates will be employed on Contract terms of three (3) years (renewable) however the confirmation shall be made after satisfactory completion of first year of employment probation.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per the position applied.
Mode of Application
Application should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), providing names, positions and detailed contacts of three (3) Reliable referees and copies of relevant Certificates and Transcripts.
Human Resource Director
St. Augustine University of Tanzania
P.O. Box 307,
Tel: 028 29 81186/7
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for Receiving Applications
The applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Thursday 23 July 2020 at 16:00 hours. Any application received after due date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.