Senior Legal Specialist responsible to manage and provide corporate legal services as in-house counsel in the Legal team and endeavour to provide effective link between the team and internal and external stakeholders in all legal matters.
• Working in collaboration with all levels of management to guarantee availability of valid and appropriate contracts for all areas of business.
• Negotiate, draft and review all contracts and other legal documents in the Division in line with Company Delegation of Authority
• Timely provision of legal advice and support to the Company pertaining to various business issues as and when needed.
• Overseeing execution of contracts in line with legal and regulatory policies and procedures.
• Representing the company in courts and other dispute resolution mechanisms.
• Managing all disputes and litigation involving the Company and ensure availability of records and relevant reports.
• Ensuring legal policies and procedure are in place and updated to confirm with company legal requirement.
• Carrying out any other duty as may be assigned by the Company
• Managing consumer complaints and provide feedback to the Tanzania Regulatory Authority (TCRA) and the Bank of Tanzania (BOT)
• To provide appropriate link management between the Legal Division and the internal and external stakeholders
Core competencies, knowledge and working experience
• Very good knowledge of legal concepts, techniques and principles
• Experience in handling complex corporate and commercial transactions and or projects
• High level of computer literacy exceptionally conversant with Word
• Excellent interpersonal skills and customer and business oriented approach
• Strong communication skills, fluency in English and Kiswahili and ability to interact with other team members
• Outstanding ability to apply knowledge of Law and advise Management accordingly.
• Effective Contract Management Skills
• At least three years’ experience in telecommunication industry or any FMCG or busy corporate legal service-providing law firm
• A holder of Bachelor of Laws from a recognized university,
• A Registered Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and Courts sub-ordinate thereto for not less than 5 years’ experience.