VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE ANTICIPATED PROJECT
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT) is a faith-based organization registered in 19th June 1963 with Headquarter offices at Arusha. Mission of the ELCT is to provide holistic care to all people. ELCT is headed by the Presiding Bishop who is elected among the serving Diocesan Bishops. The management and leadership oversight is provided by the ELCT Secretary General assisted by four Deputy Secretary Generals (DSG) – including the DSG for Mission and Evangelism, DSG for Social services, Women and children services, DSG for Planning and Development and DSG for Finance and Administration. ELCT has applied for a USAID funding to implement an OVC support Project – an opportunity proposed to take place in six regions of Tanzania – including Morogoro, Dodoma, Singida, Arusha, Kilimanjaro and Tanga.
ELCT is therefore, seeking for qualified and competent applicants for various positions for this Anticipated Donor Funded Project to be implemented in NorthEastern zone of Tanzania. Positions in this proposed Projecct covers Senior, middle and lower management including technical personnel for the proposed technical areas in the project. The project’s intervention will be aiming at facilitating delivery of comprehensive services that aim to keep all OVC sub-population and adolescent healthy, safe, schooled and stable.
These positions advertised and eventual recruitment process is subject to approval of funding by prospective donor.
VACANCY: SENIOR LIVELIHOOD & ECONOMIC STRENGTHENING OFFICER (1 POSITION)
Reporting to: Technical Manager services delivery
Location: Arusha Head office Overall duties:
Incumbent will be responsible for the technical and managerial aspects of project implementation to improve well-being outcomes for children. She/he reports directly to the technical manager services delivery and ensuring the project meets stated goals, expected results and reporting requirements. She/he will take a technical leadership role designing and promoting use of evidence-based activities to diversify and stimulate growth in household income and integrate economic activities with complementary interventions across the project
- Provides technical and management leadership including designing and implementing technical strategies, programs or tools in specific technical areas related to household and AGYW economic strengthening.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and coordination to project staff and CSOs, setting forth a vision and plans for achieving project goals through collaboration with national and local governments and NGOs, civil society and other partners.
- Mentor economic strengthening/livelihoods staff of CSOs, conduct trainings, lead workshops, and facilitate group interaction as part of project execution toward specific outputs and objectives.
- Travel to project areas periodically to monitor program activities and provide support to field staff.
- Manage project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Provides technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence- based methods and strategies, current practice and established operational and standards to ensure quality and rigorous design.
- Builds demonstrated capacity of local implementing partners to implement high quality programs with results.
- Shares new knowledge/evidence and best practices through collaboration with staff members, CSOs, and other partners
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical component
- Degree in development studies, agricultural economics, economics, business administration, international relations or a closely related field, or equivalent work experience. Masters will be added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in economic strengthening/livelihoods, in large projects
- 5 years prior USAID experience preferred.
- 5 years OVC work experience preferred.
- Practical experience in training design and implementation.
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
DESIRABLE QUALITIES FOR ALL APPLICANTS
ELCT is seeking for experienced, self-motivated, highly competent individuals with exemplary ethical conduct to join the Anticipated OVC Next Generation program
- Dependable: Applicant must be dependable and can be relied on to uphold his/her responsibilities without having to be micromanaged
- Good Communicator: Must have superior communications skills. Need to understand the message and deliver it clearly to the target audience
- Productive: The project demands productivity from its participants,
- Qualification: All applicants must meet the minimum requirements stipulated in each position
Mode of Application:
Email your application letter and resume with names of current three references and their contact information before the Application Deadline.
Applications should be sent by email only to the addresses below and should note the position title in the Subject Line:
The 3 Referees: These must include your current employer (if employed), your peer or immediate supervisor, and A same rank colleague or subordinate who can make a honest recommendation or reference for you.
All application should be sent to:
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania
P.O. Box 3033
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for submitting the application is on 28 January 2022 at 4pm.
Due to large volume of application expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for discussion and interviews.
ELCT is an equal opportunity employer