Position: Senior Manager, Financial Management and Compliance
IntraHealth International is now seeking a Senior Manager of Financial Management and Compliance. The Senior Manager of Financial Management and Compliance will provide strong guidance and leadership to support capacity development of local partners as they transition to receive PEPFAR funding as a USAID Prime Partner to comply with USG regulations on financial management systems, compliance, accounting software, audit readiness, Non-US Pre-Award Survey (NUPAS) readiness, human resources (HR), and business development/sustainability.
Building on lessons learned and experiences, the Senior Manager of Financial Management and Compliance will oversee the quality and timeliness of approaches and deliverables. S/he will help local partners in defining and implementing their capacity development plans with high-quality technical guidance, advise, tools, mentorship, and support. This position will significantly contribute to learning, sharing, and training approaches for local partners and other priority audiences as well as support a culture of compliance, internal learning and adaptation to support project performance.
This position will be based in Africa.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the quality and timeliness of approaches and deliverables associated with project’s focus on financial and operational management
- Track technical assistance progress using the capacity development plan for each local partner
- Provide technical guidance, advice, tools, mentorship, and support to consultants assigned to local implementing partners, addressing emerging issues in consultation with the project’s US-based team
- Provide technical guidance on fraud prevention and risk management in managing a USAID award
- Oversee the adaptation, implementation, and monitoring of training courses (in-person and on-line) and other learning tools for local partners in relevant areas
- Partner with in-country project leadership and Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) to ensure high-quality, cost efficient workplans are developed and project deliverables are completed on time and in accordance with project scope of work
- Identifies, approves, and coordinates technical assistance to support local partners become compliant with USG Rules and Regulations and that is responsive to project needs and donor expectations and of high-quality
- Ensure project teams involve partners and key stakeholders to design project workplans that are feasible, responsive to local needs, reasonable in cost, and deliver sustainable results
- Onboard and supervise consultants assigned to local implementing partners overseeing their work and status of deliverables, ensuring high quality and timeliness of documents and deliverables
- Develop and review consultant SOW and provide close oversight of deliverables
- Provide input into reporting needs and supports the collection and use of indicators and other data for improving performance
- Contribute to a strong learning, adaption and data-use culture, providing input and support to documentation, knowledge management, and M&E activities
- Other activities as needed
- Supports writing of conference abstracts and prepare posters and presentations
- Supports project monitoring and data use efforts
- 10 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors, OR at least eight years of relevant experience with a Masters, OR 6 years with a PhD, in nonprofit administration, financial management, HR, and/or compliance
- Significant experience in the administration for PEPFAR-funded programs with a strong focus on building capacity of local entities and government counterparts in finance, operations, and administration
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details are required.
- Must be capable of working both in a team and independently to implement the duties described above
- Strong quantitative/qualitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated experience working in partnership with host governments, international donors, and implementing partners.
- Experience with USAID required and experience with PEPFAR strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and strong inter-personal and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
- Fluency in a foreign language is desirable.