Senior Manager – Monitoring and Evaluation
“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Job title: Senior Manager – Monitoring and Evaluation
Reporting to: Associate Director Strategic Information and Evaluation
Job grade: Grade 7
Location: Dar es Salaam
EGPAF intends to hire Senior Manager for Monitoring and Evaluation (SM M&E) for a USAID-funded comprehensive HIV/TB/FP project in Tanzania. Reporting to the Associate Director Strategic Information. S/he will be responsible providing leadership, management and mentoring to M&E personnel and will collaborate with Informatics Senior Manager in Strategic Information functions and projects. SM M&E will serve as the focal person under the AD SIE with regard to all monitoring and donor reporting requirements and deadlines, and will be the direct manager of Associate Manager M&E, and Data Quality Advisor responsible for carrying out all monitoring and reporting functions and producing reporting deliverables, including responses to ad hoc data queries or appeals. The Senior Manager M&E will based in Dar es Salaam. This position will as well serve in a follow on project upon award. This position is only eligible for Tanzanian nationals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership to the implementation of the project’s Results-Based Monitoring and Evaluation Plan including the development of methodologies and tools for optimization of service delivery
- Responsible for the development of monitoring and evaluation policies, standards, and guidance as well as oversight compliance of same.
- Leads capacity building initiatives for Monitoring and Evaluation team and EGPAF technical staff in monitoring and reporting with an emphasis on data visualization and use
- Masters in Epidemiology, Public Health, (Bio) statistics, computer science or related field OR a first degree with corresponding experience to demonstrate working knowledge and competencies equivalent to Masters-level training.
- Five or more years work experience in monitoring and evaluation, including experience with M&E tool development High level of computer literacy defined by proficiency in the basic Microsoft packages, and experience with data management and visualization software (excel, access, Power BI, Tableau). Ability to code in SQL or similar language an advantage, as is experience or proficiency in statistical analysis software (STATA, R, etc.).
- Strong team leader with extensive experience in managing and supervising people including capacity building,
- Well versed with project management basics and tools used in implementation
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills in English and Swahili, strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentive to details.
- Previous experience in HIV program monitoring and reporting (e.g. indicator and systems knowledge, etc.); preferably under US Government (PEPFAR, TB and FP) funding. Added advantage if conversant with GOT recording and reporting systems. (e.g. CTC, DHIS2, GOTHOMIS)
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates Compiled in one document explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Closing date: February 5th 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.