About the job
Position: Senior Manager – Strategy and Transaction Services (Tanzania)
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and, in the future, – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Businesses that manage their scarce financial resources better are able to tap into emerging opportunities effectively and efficiently. At EY Strategy and Transactions Service line, we help our clients achieve their financial objectives by advising them in the following areas:
- Business valuation, financial modelling and feasibility studies
- Operational transaction services e.g. working capital management
- Transaction support e.g. financial due diligence
- Raising capital – IPO, Bond issue and private placement
- Merger, acquisition, joint venture, business set up and licensing support
As EY Strategy and transaction professional, you’ll work with leading local and multinational entities, start-ups and Governments on some of the accomplishing finance and transaction support projects.
- You will support investors and Government in decision around financial turnaround, feasibility of projects, due diligence, project finance, JV, capital structure, licensing, business set up and help them close deals.
- You will lead multiple assignments in a high-pressure environment, help develop the team’s intellectual capital, spearhead marketing efforts, grow portfolio and build relationships with senior clients.
Technical Skills, Experience And Education
- Financial services expertise: Strong technical expertise and experience in financial services, with a focus on operations, technology, strategy and change.
- Consulting skills: can demonstrate the skills, experience and drive required to operate as a senior manager within a professional services firm.
- Change management has a good understanding of project management and a proven track-record in leading large-scale change initiatives.
- Market insight: aware of trends in financial services, M&A market, PPP, PFIs and able to apply this knowledge to shape the approach for individual assignments.
- Financial analysis: able to apply sound financial analysis to understand how operational issues affect the investment case for a transaction.
- Communication skills: has excellent verbal communication skills and is a good listener. Has excellent writing skills and able to produce high quality reports.
- Relationship management: can establish credibility and presence with board level executives and can engage with them as a peer to debate operational and strategic issues.
- Political savvy: able to understand and navigate senior level politics in order to ensure the successful delivery of client assignments. Displays sufficient authority and impact to maintain influencing behaviour in difficult situations.
- People management: understands and uses the dynamics in a group to achieve the objectives of an assignment. Is approachable to team members and provides coaching and support to address individual development needs.
- Leadership: a performance driven, entrepreneurial and ambitious person with goals to grow a portfolio, embrace quality and excel to directorship in the medium term.
- Extensive experience in modelling projects including data extraction, cleansing, analysis and reporting, working in either: financial services, large consultancies, global systems integrators or blue-chip companies.
- Adept at building strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and supporting key decision makers
- Strong team participation skills with an ability to integrate seamlessly within EY and within the culture of the Team
What We Offer
- We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of job autonomy, and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next. We recently launched our groundbreaking new fully accredited EY Tech MBA by Hult International Business School focused on technology, leadership and business skills; the entire program is delivered online, reflecting wider shift to virtual learning; and most importantly the EY Tech MBA is available to all EY people irrespective of prior qualifications or location.
If you have the drive, determination, expertise and experience in these areas, we’d like to hear from you. Please register and submit your application in our recruitment portal before 15th May 2022. Please ensure that you use Google Chrome as browser when registering for optimal Candidate experience.