Senior Manager; Wholesale Recoveries
To assess and manage troubled loans and other exposures which require a high degree of attention to minimize risks, prevent losses and restore profit through rehabilitation, restructuring and workout.
- To coordinate and control the management of all Special Assets to ensure credit and other risks are properly identified and assessed.
- Maintain and preserve Bank income streams where a turnaround can be achieved on special asset.
- Formulate action plans and strategies for all accounts adopted by the unit in order to minimize bank’s risk
- Support the Head, SAM to co-ordinate and control the management of all special assets to ensure credit and other risks are properly identified and assessed.
- Manage impairment/provisions for non-performing loans
- Manage all manner of transactions associated with the normal operations of the accounts managed by the unit.
- Manage suspended interests and provisions
- Lead, arrange and/or agree to participate in the formation of any creditors group for account managed by the unit.
- Establish partnerships with business unit and credit department leading to close collaboration and early identification of stressed assets.
- Provide professional business support aimed at resolving challenges faced by stressed clients.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of BOT regulations on risk asset management, company law and law of insolvency.
- Adequate knowledge and practice on lending policies, procedures and manuals.
- Good understanding of Banks loan products and its end to end credit process.
- Excellent business understanding of Legal Recoveries and ability to manage Collection agencies
- In-depth knowledge of bank credit policies, procedures and systems.
- Good Credit Appraisal, Restructuring Skills and Customer Relationship Skills.
- High degree of communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Leadership and Coaching skills
- Standard computer skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree or Equivalent in Commerce, Finance, Banking, Accounting, Law or any other relevant qualifications from a recognized higher learning institution
- Strong legal background is desirable
- Banking experience of more than 5 years preferably in Special Asset Management, Business Support, or Workout Unit in a Commercial Bank; out of which 2 should be at a managerial level.
- Asset management exposure, Legal Recoveries and Collection agencies management.
- Experience in building and developing high performance teams
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.