Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia in the United States is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for potential Cross-Cutting Specialist positions on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Tanzania. The goal of this project is to advance marine biodiversity conservation within Tanzania through the reduction of the use of illegal and unsustainable fishing techniques within national waters, improvement the governance and management of coastal lands and seascapes, and improved policy development and capacity to implement these policies
Tetra Tech anticipates using a comprehensive and innovative approach to reduce priority threats to coastal and marine biodiversity in Tanzania while advancing Tanzanian institutions further on their journey to self- reliance with the support of coastal communities, the private sector, and other relevant stakeholder groups. Public outreach, community participation, and private sector engagement will all be critical components in effectively partnering with governmental agencies and supporting non-governmental organizations to achieve the intended purpose.
Position Description: We are looking for qualified Tanzanian candidates with experience in marine conservation and marine protected area management, coastal zone management, fisheries management and sustainability, community-based coastal and marine resource management, and coral reef and reef-associated ecosystems management. These positions are anticipated to be based in Dar es Salaam and/or Zanzibar, United Republic of Tanzania.
Qualified applicants from Tanzania are highly encouraged to apply.
* University degree or higher in marine/coastal management, marine biology or other marine science, fisheries resource management, or another relevant field (Master’s preferred);
* Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience;
* Demonstrated relative experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects of similar size and complexity;
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
* Professional written and spoken proficiency in- English required; Arabic and/or Swahili language skills preferred.
* Prior experience living and working in Tanzania required.