Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
Afya Kwanza Project Vacancies; December 2020
Position : SENIOR MATERNAL & CHILD HEALTH MANAGER
Project: AFYA KWANZA
Location: DAR ES SALAAM
Reports to: DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS
The Senior Maternal and Child Health Manager is MDH’s overall technical expert in all matters pertaining to reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) programs and services. She/ He provides technical leadership and oversight of all RMNCH related interventions and services. This includes; keeping abreast with key advances in RMNCH; translating into practice, key program, national and global priorities in RMNCH; as well as working with and providing technical support to other MDH staff at supported regions and districts, key stakeholders at national, regional and local government authorities, and other partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead and oversee planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and relevant RMNCH services under the Afya Kwanza project, across all MDH supported regions.
- To oversee implementation of key program initiatives – in her/his unit – to address program, donor and national priorities – such as index HIV testing, Option B+, male involvement, tracking of mother-infant pairs, follow-up of EID results and accelerating children’s treatment (ACT) – in line with national guidelines.
- To forge strong partnership with key government ministries and offices at national, regional and council level, support national efforts and provide TA to relevant ministries, R/DMOs, R/DACCs and CHMTs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of RMNCH services.
- To oversee needs assessment, on PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART & RMNCH programs and services and organize efforts to address these needs -; including capacity building and health system strengthening – in collaboration with the R/DPMs, R/DACCs, R/DRCHCos and CHMTs.
- To ensure timeliness and accuracy of PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and RMNCH data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
- Lead efforts to robustly analyse & utilize PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART & RMNCH data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation and write reports, best practices and lessons learned for wider dissemination.
- To lead efforts to identify gaps in PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and RMNCH; design and implement operational research (OR), PHE, secondary data analyses and CQI initiatives to address these gaps; and write abstracts, posters manuscripts, and policy briefs to widely disseminate findings.
- To implement and manage a robust capacity building program, for PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and RMNCH HCPs; capitalizing on supportive supervision, mentorship and on-job training in line with national guidelines.
- To supervise program staff under her/him across supported regions and councils.
- To lead efforts in writing technical program documents including project proposals, work-plans, reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents, as required by the RPM.
- To support and advise the program director and deputy directors on all PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and RMNCH issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by her/his supervisor.
Requirements: Education, work experience and skills
- Medical Officer
- Master of Public Health added advantage
- 5 years experience in Maternal and Child Health
- Experience in planning and implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Leadership and Analytical skills
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 11th January, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected]
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.