SME_Tan – Senior Medical Entomologist
APPLY NOW Print
Posted: 25/01/2018 17:02
Deadline: 06/02/2018 23:59
Job Type: Fixed Term
Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Senior Medical Entomologist to be based in Tanzania.
This role will include coordinating entomological monitoring activities to guide malaria vector control operations in Tanzania, including monitoring vector composition and behaviour, infection rates, efficacy of interventions, and insecticide resistance. The role also includes advising malaria programmes in the Mainland and Zanzibar in planning and implementation of integrated vector control based on insecticide resistance, vector biology, epidemiology, cost, and geographic targeting of interventions.
The successful candidate will have:
- A PhD in medical entomology
- Experience in operational research on malaria vectors in Tanzania
- Experience in planning, implementation and evaluation of vector control interventions
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work with multiple partners with changing plans and priorities