Position: Senior MEL Officer (Ref: KHSZ/SMLO/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve
HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions. The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030.
Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as a Senior MEL Officer based in Dar es Salaam.
The senior MEL officer will provide technical leadership and guidance for M&E activities. She/ he will be responsible for overseeing data collection and data management for USAID OVC Kizazi Hodari project, including developing data collection tools, ensuring quality and timely reporting. She/he will take a lead role in performing data analysis, interpretation and preparing abstract for presentations and conferences and other use of data. She/he will supervise regional M&E officers.
- Work in close collaboration with regional technical officer and M&E officers in implementation of USAID Kizazi Hodari M&E activities.
- Provide technical support to technical and M&E staff in adaptation and implementation of project monitoring, evaluation and learning framework including understanding and integrating set performance indicators.
- Ensure data quality assurance activities and identify key challenges and propose strategies to address them.
- On a monthly/quarterly basis provide indicator program summaries and work with technical staff to address any discrepancy.
- Conduct monthly analysis, visualization and use of data to assess monthly trends including to engage technical staff in analysis and implications of data for programming.
- Manage quality data collection, management and reporting of project data.
- Provide the project with all necessary M&E inputs, including development/review of work plans and indicator frameworks, research and evaluations as arise.
- Play a coordinating function for producing data and feed USAID OVC Kizazi Hodari management for preparations of reports and other project use.
- Work with regional MEL officers and other technical staff to develop and present quarterly, semiannual and annual program performance reports to program team and R/CHMTS during program review meetings.
- Ensure ProDMIS is updated monthly and the availability and use of other data management systems such as (DHIS2, CTC2 Database and TrainSmart).
- Facilitate training on M&E tools, data analysis, data management and reporting to enable better collection, monitoring and use of data for the program.
- Support implementation of mHealth initiatives for the program (SMS Reminders, Unified Referral Case Management system and Viral Load Tracking System).
- Provide technical capacity and support for establishment and maintenance of monitoring system and presentations of M&E findings.
- Provide coaching and mentorships to strengthen the capacity of regional M&E officers, other technical staff, sub grantees and CCW on effective use of M& E tools and systems.
- Support assistant managers and regional teams use collected data to capture technical best practices for sharing with GoT, donors and other stakeholders.
- Provide regular monitoring to ensure data is collected and entered into database.
- In collaboration with regional M&E officer conduct supportive supervision to strengthen sub grantees, LVs, and CCW/CHW capacity to effectively implement, monitor and document project activities.
- Conduct data quality audits and identify data system challenges and propose solutions to address them.
- Develop responses to ad hoc donor requests
- University degree in public health, sociology, demography or other social science area
- 5 years’ work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation activities
- Academic qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
- Management or one of the following: economic strengthening, child protection, ECD, education, HIV/AIDS, referrals and linkages, adolescent or other health areas.
- Experience in data collection, processing, and analysis, database experience.
- Experience implementing qualitative and quantitative research
- Knowledge of different analysis software
- Experience with PEPFAR 3.0 funded projects in Tanzania
- Report writing and publication skills
- Knowledge of different database software
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to KizaziHodari-SouthernZone@deloitte.co.tz For your application to be considered, it
MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line.
Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.