Senior Network Specialist UCs
Supervise and maintain unified communication services (Data, Voice, and Video & IM) that meets and exceeds business and customers’ expectations (availability, performance, security and continuous improvement).
Coordinate and maintain different IP Telephony enhancements, Unified collaboration systems, Presentations and Boardroom AV facilities. Streamline advanced troubleshooting and optimizations of the entire bank’s Unified Communications infrastructure.
• Develop and maintain Unified communications related applications
• Manage and ensure optimal operation of all Unified Communication hardware and equipment (routers, switches, servers, TV screens, collaboration endpoints etc.) for the NMB Head Office users, contact center and branch users
• Conduct research and propose appropriate recommendations on unified communication products, services, protocols, and standards in support of user experience continuous improvements.
• Provide periodic capacity & forecast planning statistics and periodic reports to aid in management decisions.
• Consult with the management and design access policy for the acceptable use of the unified communications services which apply to everyone
• Prepare and maintain spare part lists, monitor inventory and ensure that all the critical parts for unified communications systems is always available for fault repair and emergency requirements for respective zones/branches/HQ Networks.
• Prepare and maintain entire bank’s UCS infrastructure documentation, and update it regularly to accommodate any change for both Active & Passive devices
• Review and Support unified communications enhancement of the existing infrastructure through periodic upgrades (hardware & software)
• Planning, Development, Implementation and supervision of major UCS projects
• Custodian of UCS hardware (data, voice and video) and configuration items (CI’s.) within the bank
• Supplier Service Contract review and SLA enforcement Management as well as bills validation and reconciliation for better cost-effective management.
• Work with contact center and vendor technical teams to prospect and develop Cisco Unified Communications design, installation, and support opportunities
• Responsible for design, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for VoIP & Contact center systems and configurations installations as necessary
• Knowledge of bank’s products and operations
• Advance knowledge of the Network Support and troubleshooting
• Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise technologies
• Strong knowledge of voice, video and data switches and routers, telecommunications protocols and standards, voice and data infrastructure tools and services, QoS design and operation.
• Knowledge of audio and video conferencing backend systems, Cisco TMS, voice gateways, Cisco MCU, Content Servers, VCS controller and VCS expressway
• Knowledge of video conferencing protocols, communications and standards, H.323, SIP, E.164, required
• Strong planning and organizing skills and IT Service Management skills
• Excellent problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
• Project Management skills
• Leadership and time management skills
• Ability to communicate clearly, pleasantly and confidently with staff and external organizations both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work on own initiative and be a self-starter, prioritizing work with minimum supervision and work under pressure.
• Must be committed to self-development and be enthusiastic about acquiring new skills and embracing new technologies
• Strong management & leadership skills. Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members especially level 1 and field support
• Ability to manage network service providers, vendors, contractors, and others
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering or any related field (Professional Certified by ERB is an added advantage)
• Must have a valid CCNP Collaboration certificate
• Must have valid Digium Certified Asterisk Administrator (DCAA) Certificate
• Other Collaboration Professional Certifications (i.e. Certified Video Conferencing Engineer, Cisco Video Network Specialist) are an added advantage
• Other Network Professional certifications are an added advantage
• A minimum of 5 years of Cisco technical experience, including design, implementation and support of Cisco Unified Communications solutions.
• Extensive hands on experience on ACD and IVR solutions
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.