The Senior Officer accounting and Finance will assist and report to the Accounting and Finance Manager. Primary responsibilities include assisting in maintaining all aspects of the organization’s finances and accounting, reporting and compliances with policies and guidelines. The position will have regular interactions with all staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining field office records accurately and properly.
- You are responsible for accurate payment and retirement of field staff travel advances. All payment will be approved after a copy from Intacct is attached together with compliances checklist. This copy will form basis of approval.
- Maintaining books of accounts and accurately and regularly for country and field offices.
- Keep and update record of all accounts and transactions.
- OFAC Compliance check; You are responsible for timely OFAC check as per Room to Read guidance’s
- Submitting all statutory compliances updates and e-filling.
- Monthly Cash Forecast
- Cash Forecast and management: You will be compiling cash forecast as and when submitted by program Managers for AFM review.
- Statutory and internal audit;
- In Collaboration with both AFA and AFM, you will work together in accomplishing the Statutory Audit
- Budget Preparation in Adaptive;
- You will be another key actor in budget preparation process
- Tracking Staff advances:
- You will be responsible tracking and approving staff Salary and travel advance
- Support and indirectly manage the Finance Associate.
- ACCA or CPA qualified is a must.
- Accounting and/Finance degree from recognized University /college
- Familiar in accounting packages
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in accounting and finance preferably in an international NGO environment
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS word and power point
- Working knowledge of accounting, reporting and administration
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Results oriented; commitment to quality and efficiency
- Adept at using accounting software, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Willing and able to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Flexible attitude towards changing priorities and ability to multi task.
- Takes initiative and a team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Tanzania – Main – Dar Es Salaam
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled