Senior People and Culture Officer
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT MFB) formerly known as SEDA is a fast growing and reputable Micro Finance Bank (MFB), has a loan book ofTZs. 17 billion and 30,000 customer base, more that 5,000 of them being small holder farmers. VFT-MFB is seeking to employ a dynamic and committed Tanzanian young men & women who have passion for people’s economic development to fill in the vacant positions detailed here below;
Work reference no. 001
Position: Senior People and Culture Officer
Reporting to: Head of People and Culture (HPC)
Responsible for Assisting/ supporting the Head People and Culture in facilitating all personnel related issues (recruitment, training, talent management & performance management) in accordance with VFT – MFB’s policies
- Prepare and update manpower plan and succession plan.
- Responsible for recruitment, advise the HPC on shortlisted candidates to ensure that the organization has the required quality of staff.
- Prepare P & C budget for Board approval.
- Prepare and update Compensation and Package Scheme.
- Work with HPC to prepare position matrices for staff and design staff positions and HAY grades in accordance with the organization changes.
- Monitor report and suggest appropriate actions with regards to staff turnover.
- Responsible for P&C/HR manual review.
- Ensure annual staff training plan & budget.
- In collaboration with HoD develops and reviews staff update/training manuals/modules.
- Work with the HPC to coordinate Our Voice survey & reporting, monitor the implementation of the identified gaps.
- Ensure consistent coaching for performance conversations.
- Monitor all employment contracts and ensure timely update of staff contract in accordance to the country labor laws.
- Keep track on all legal issues in liaison with Advocates and Department/ Business Centre & Branch Managers on matters arising from different areas of operations.
- Provide guidance to the P&C whistleblower committee on policies & regulations governing staff disciplinary and other related matters.
- Responsible for Staff Monthly reports and newsletters when due.
- Respond to daily employees’ questions/issues timely and in an appropriate manner.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management
- At least 5 years’ experience in a professional HR environment
- Understanding and training in the Labour laws in Tanzania
- Experience with and proficiently in using Human resource information systems
- Payroll management and experience in benefits administration is preferred
Special / Personal Abilities
- Highly developed sense of reliability and correctness
- Excellent trainer, facilitator, mentor and coach
- Innovative and analytical
- Very good planning skills
- Proficient in Micro Soft office applications
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and detail- oriented
- Model and demonstrates effective Christian leadership
About our working environment & remuneration.
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank has a calm and harmonious working environment where staffs are highly valued. Good work is recognized and rewarded accordingly and there is an opportunity to grow professionally and spiritually.
Mode of Application:
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their application letter, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates; detailed CV’s with three referees to [email protected]
The position should be the subject of the email application. OR through the postal address below.
The Chief Executive Officer, VisionFund Tanzania
Microfinance Bank Limited
P.O. Box 1546,
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank would like to inform the general public that it has not engaged any consultant/agent to conduct recruitment on its behalf.
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 February, 2021