NIMR Mbeya Medical Research Centre is looking for qualified, experienced and motivated person to fill the below jobs vacant positions…
SENIOR PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLIES OFFICER
Senior Procurement whose duty station will be in Mbeya City shall be responsible for development and provision of procurement strategy and expertise to the management in policies related to contract matters in procurement and supply of goods and services and disposal of items.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I. Participate in preparation and implementation of procurement plan, budgeting and control of the resources of the PMU
II. Ensures conformity with public procurement Act, its Regulations and guidelines.
III. Provides timely advice to user departments on all matters pertaining to procurement and supplies where applicable
IV. Evaluates all procurement requirements and recommends the most appropriate procedures
V. Deals with stores, purchasing, clearing and forwarding and matters related to them.
VI. Participate in development, review and implementation of policies and regulations pertaining to procurement and materials management
VII. Deals with planning, control, management and disposal of inventories and assets
VIII. Implementation of MIS as integral part of IFMIS and monitoring system
IX. Liaise with the authority on matters within its jurisdiction
X. Implementation of performance management system
XI. To conduct physical inventory of supplies, materials and equipment
- Holder of Master’s Degree/Business Administration in Procurement and Logistics /Supplies and Bachelor Degree / Advanced Diploma/Business Administration in Procurement and Logistic/Supplies from the recognized institution with Certified Procurement and Supplies
- Professional (CSP/CPSP) or other similar qualifications and registered by PSPTB as authorized Procurement and Supplies Professionals with six (6) years working experience in the same field from a reputable organization.
- 6 years working experience
- Good command on MS Office
- Excellent oral & written English
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- The applicant should be below 45 years’ old
- Team player with high integrity.
- Read, write and speak fluent English and Kiswahili; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and decision making skills.
- Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking setting.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
TERMS: ONE YEAR RENEWABLE CONTRACT
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be enclosed with verified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae and sent to the address below. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. The deadline for application is two weeks from the first date of this advertisement.
The Centre Director,
NIMR – Mbeya Medical Research Centre,
P.O. Box 2410 Mbeya,
E-mail: [email protected]