NIMR-Mbeya Medical Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mbeya within the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital Compound. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis as well as other diseases of public health importance.
NIMR Mbeya Medical Research Centre is looking for qualified, experienced and motivated person to fill the below jobs vacant positions…
SENIOR ACCOUNTS OFFICER (1 POST)
Senior Assistant Accountant shall be participating in planning, directing, controlling of financial and accounting operations of the Institute/Centre.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I. To prepare draft final accounts and submit the same to the supervisor;
II. To carry out accounting functions in accordance with financial regulations;
III. Prepare profit and loss statements on behalf of a business;
IV. Set up accounting practices and procedures for new projects and advise on how to manage these;
V. Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of quality financial reports;
VI. Analyze budgets and other financial information and advice where savings could be made;
VII. To control capital and recurrent expenditure;
VIII. To post subsidiary registers for debtors, creditors and fixed assets;
IX. To prepare bank and final accounts reconciliation;
X. To participate in reviewing policies pertaining to accounting and financial system;
XI. To prepare schedules, statements and other information for management and auditors;
XII. To maintain proper books of accounts and keeping all records pertaining to income and expenditure as well as inventory of the Institute/Centre;
XIII. Preparation of payrolls and ensuring all statutory deductions are done properly and their timely submission to appropriate authorities;
XIV. Timely preparations of statutory financial reports and attend audit queries and periodical financial and management accounts to guide decision making;
XV. Ensure that all transactions are processed and properly accounted through the accounting system and comply with financial regulations and or any other generally acceptable accounting practices for management of public and donor funds;
XVI. Update and maintain a fixed and inventory register for the Institute/ Centre;
XVII. Take part in preparation of budget and ensure budgetary control, various analysis and evaluate progress and results of the institute/centre projects and recommend necessary adjustment;
XVIII. Ensure that a sound and effective internal control system is enforced and adhered to. and
XIX. Preparation of Institute/Centre cash flow position and forecasting.
- Holder of Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance with Intermediate Certificate (Module E) from NBAA or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions with working experience of at least six ( 6) years in related field.EXPERIENCE
- 6 years working experience in donor funded projects.
- Good command on MS Office especially Ms Excel
- Excellent oral & written English
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- The applicant should be below 45 years old
Team player with high integrity.
- Read, write and speak fluent English and Kiswahili; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and decision making skills.
- Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking setting.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
TERMS: ONE YEAR RENEWABLE CONTRACT
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be enclosed with verified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae and sent to the address below. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. The deadline for application is two weeks from the first date of this advertisement.The Centre Director,
NIMR – Mbeya Medical Research Centre,
P.O. Box 2410 Mbeya,
E-mail: [email protected]