Senior Procurement Officer(Tanzania Nations Only) Tanzania, Norwegian Refugee Council
Application deadline: 30/12/2019
Employer:Norwegian Refugee Council
Title:Senior Procurement Officer(Tanzania Nations Only)
Percentage of full-time:
NRC Tanzania Office is looking for qualified candidate to work as Senior Procurement Officer base at Kibondo, Kigoma.
The purpose of the Senior Procurement Officer position is to manage the day to day implementation of the procurement support functions responsibilities. All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Manage the procurement support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the procurement support function
- Provide leadership and management of all processing of Purchasing Orders upon request by users according to laid down rules and regulations.
- Manage all national and area office tenders as per the laid down procedures and guidelines.
- Follow up with the suppliers and service providers to ensure timely delivery and dispatch of goods and provision services to all users.
- Manage the Country Procurement plans and ensure that the plan is followed through with consolidation of like purchases for efficiency and economies of scale
- Ensure that all assistants and officers supervised keep track of current procurements with bi-weekly reporting for consolidation into a monthly report.
- Ensure all procurements that are required to be processed through Aggresso are done.
- Manage the RO and HO reporting in respect of procurement function such as Project Deliver Procurement Tracker reporting.
- Support in the receiving of Bid/Tenders and assist in opening and processing stages.
- Ensure that the uploading of supporting documents and online filing for Procurement related transactions in Aggresso and filing tree are done respectively by officers and assistants.
- Support in the preparation RFQs, Tenders and BID analysis for complex purchases for roads constructions and buildings
- Manage the prequalification of service providers and ensure all – purchases meeting thresholds for use of prequalified vendors and services providers are adhered to.
- Ensure that all assets are Tagged upon purchase and before dispatch to users or the field
- Review all Received invoices before payment by finance.
- Manage the waiver register and to share with the Logistics Manager/Coordinator
- Provide the current Market Price list to users for use in estimating PR values when requesting for procurements.
- Mentoring and supervision of the Officers and Assistants in the procurement unit.
- Provide support to all field offices as needed and make supervisory visits to all procurement offices on the area/field offices.
- Respond to queries from vendors, users and service providers in respect to tenders and RFQs.
- Ensure that the SOP on procurement and the LHB are fully observed during the procurement transactions.
- Resolve any arising matters as soon as possible before they become problems
- Advise managements of the best course of actions when dealing with procurement actions.
- Ensure that there is zero tolerance to corruption in the unit and report on any such cases immediately this is noticed, be it staff in – own department or external relations.
- A Bachelors degree in Procurement and or Logistics.
- At least 4 years of experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description
- Experience from working as a Senior Procurement Officer in a – humanitarian/recovery context dealing with Construction works or Buildings
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- A good command of English and knowledge of the Local language of Kiswahili – both oral and written.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
We can offer
Duty station :Kibondo ,Contract Period is for 12 Months with possibility of extension .salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions ,The candidate will observe NRC’s Code of Conduct and Working hours for the NRCs Office in KIbondo