CALL FOR APPLICATIONS OF VACANCIES ON APPOINTMENTS AND TRANSFER
The Mwalimu Julius K. Nyerere University of Agriculture and Technology (MJNUAT) is a Public Institution established in 2014. It has its headquarters in Butiama-Mara Region. MJNUAT invites applications from competent and qualified Tanzania Public Servants with existing CHECK NUMBERS to be considered for Appointment and Transfer to MJNUAT to fill nine (09) Vacant Posts listed below;
SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER II (1 POST)
Holder of Bachelor degree in one of the following fields; Procurement and Supplies Management, Materials Management, Logistics Management, Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Procurement and Supplies Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution plus Computer literate. The candidate must possess Full Certified Supplies Professional Qualification CSP (T), IPS (UK), CPSP
(T) or equivalent professional qualification recognized by PSPTB and must be registered as an Authorized Supplies Officer/Stock Verifier by PSPTB with working experience of at least Seven (7) years in a related field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To recommend procurement and disposal by Tender procedures;
- To coordinate and assist in stock taking or verification;
- To initiate tendering process, contract management and preparing Tender Board meetings;
- To assist in Preparing reports and keep records relating to University Tender Board meetings, contracts and tendering as per the requirement of PPA 2004 & PFA 2004;
- To verify and prepare statements of user requirements;
- To prepare tendering documents;
- To prepare advertisements of tender opportunities;
- To prepare periodic procurement reports;
- To identify and advise on alternative ways of minimizing costs related to procurement and storage of goods;
- To ensure that tender and procurement procedures are complied with procurement regulations;
MODE OF APPLICATION AND GENERAL CONDITIONS
Please take note of the following general conditions;
- Applicants must be Public
- Signed application letters should be written in English or
- All applicants should indicate the positions they are applying
- All application letters shall be routed through respective
- Applicants should attach certified copies of all academic and professional certificates and transcripts as well as birth
- Certificates from foreign Universities must be verified by relevant Authorities in
- Applicants should attach current and duly signed curriculum vitae which bears the most recent passport size photograph, as well as a list of three referees indicating their names, designation, employer, physical address, telephone number(s) and email address.
- Applicants should indicate their willingness and commitment to cover transfer cost upon being successful, as the transfer is considered to be self-initiated.
Interested and qualified individuals should submit their applications to the following address;
Deputy Vice Chancellor –Planning, Finance and Administration
Mwalimu Julius K. Nyerere University of Agriculture and Technology (MJNUAT)
P.O. Box 976
Or [email protected] for electronic applications.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 10, 2020