Senior Product Manager, Liabilities
Responsible for overseeing the liability product management for Retail Banking to ensure proper design, management and implementation of the unit strategic plans in line with the Bank’s strategy.
- Responsible for compliance and regulatory issues for Retail Banking Liability products and services before, during and after development and implementation.
- Play a key role of innovative Retail Banking Liability account products which will drive financial inclusion agenda and enhance bank deposits.
- Manage internal relationship with all stakeholders (Technology, Risk, Marketing, Operation, compliance etc.) for team work to ensure any introduced new or existing product is in accordance to bank’s risk appetite, customer needs and can drive sales.
- Retail Banking Tariff Guide Review. Recommend Fee lines to be reviewed on an annual basis (at a minimum).
- Regular (Quarterly/Semi-Annually/Annually) Competitor Review vis-à-vis Retail Liability Product Offering.
- Developing, implementing and managing a compelling Retail banking portfolio of both liability products for both foreign and local currencies.
- Manage the Retail Banking Liability product lifecycle from Idea generation to conceptualization, design and development, implementation including UAT, Pilot and launch.
- Proper management of introducing a new products by developing and executing respective Communication on specific products to all branches.
- Ensure all branches are knowledgeable of any new product and that we have a clear public launch plan.
- Ensure new products are in line with controls, customer centric concept and are fairly priced.
- Ensure all new products are approved and are in line with regulations (BOT, FIU, TCRA and all other relevant regulators)
- Monitor, assess and report new products framework and ensure the same is in line with banks projections, targets and budget.
- Analyze, manage and identify all system faults that affects product performance then, suggest areas of improvement, get approvals for improvement and ensure approved changes/enhancements are implemented within agreed timelines.
- Managing relationship with national and international business partners (NGOs, financial institutions, government etc.) who are interested to work with NMB to introduce new products, services or product extension to the market.
Skills and Knowledge
- Communication skills both written and oral; Standard Computer skills
- Business planning and Project management skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Negotiation skills; Presentation, Coaching and Training skills
- Report writing skills
- Ability to explain and handle complex information clearly and simply
Qualifications and Experience
- An advanced diploma/degree in Business, Accountancy, Economics, Finance or any other related field
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in Product Development in Banking, Mobile Financial Services
- A Master’s Degree and any course/training in product development will be an added advantage
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.